1) InstaGram peeps went bananas over this #SugarplumStyle post. I mean, like twice as many 'likes' as any other post in my feed ever. Obviously we are all ready for Fall fashion. Please note my formula for transitioning to Fall is in full force...
My exact scarf is sold out except for the black one, but because we're mad for plaid, I rounded-up a few more for you. I'm absolutely crazy for the buffalo check, and love all the colors in this cozy version. That's the great thing about plaid...with so many colors in the pattern, it goes with half your closet!
2) Supermodel blogger, Shannon of Burlap and Lace, (seriously, she and her husband are straight out of a Ralph Lauren ad) threw the most beautiful baby shower. I'm helping out with my step-sister's baby shower tomorrow, so I couldn't help but be inspired by all the perfect details.
And while you're over there, be sure to check out her DIY Wall of Shelves with top-notch styling!
3) By now, everyone has heard the news about Young House Love's hiatus, and I know I already feel their absence. Jamie of I Suwannee wrote a really great (perhaps somewhat controversial) post about what a lucky job blogging is. While my blog does make a little money, most of it goes right back in to creating content. I still work full-time, but if given the chance to create, then share it online for a living...I'd jump in with both feet and heels clicking. I think Jamie nailed what blogging is for me, and what it's really about.
4) I'm still cuckoo over my monogrammed pillow, and now PB Teen is tempting me with this chic new monogrammed lattice pillow. They are such a great source for finding affordable decor accessories, and they do a quality job of embroidering. Oh, and right now, all pillows ship free. Quick...slap your name on a pillow and consider yourself officially Southern.
5) Luxury mattress brand Stearns & Foster has partnered with Hammitt to create this gorgeous, limited-edition leather handbag. The timeless style embodies the Stearns & Foster values of superior craftsmanship, using the world's finest materials. Why am I telling you this? Because they are giving away 20 of these $750 bags on their Facebook page!* And the grand prize is a Lux Estate Mattress. I don't know about you, but I could sure use both! Go here for your chance, but if you win, you have to invite me for a sleepover!
What are you up to this weekend? Besides the bathroom projects (Day 1 Report coming soon!), we'll be celebrating the birth of Mr. Sugarplum! Happy weekend, lovebugs!
*Abbreviated Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law. Open to legal US residents (incl. DC), 18 years or older (19 years old in AL and NE, 21 in MS) at start of Sweepstakes. Promotion consists of 4 separate Sweepstakes the first of which begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on 8/13/14, and the last of which ends on 12/14/14, at 11:59 p.m. ET. To enter, go here, “like” the page, and complete and submit the registration form. 20 prize winners will receive a limited edition Hammitt® Handbag. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each: $760. One winner will receive a Stearns & Foster® mattress set (ARV: $1499). Limit one (1) prize per person/per household. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received per sweepstakes. For complete rules and eligibility requirements, visit www.stearnsandfoster.com Sponsor: Tempur Sealy International, Inc. This post was sponsored.