Along with the festive set-up for our Halloween shindig, we've added a few additional touches of the holiday around the house. Some years I go all out with seasonal or holiday decor...a 'more is more' mentality. But occasionally, I go through a minimalist period...usually associated with feeling overextended in my day-to-day life...so I scale everything back in attempt to stay partially sane. I'm in one of those 'plate too full' seasons, so I focused my energy on just the mantel. It really is the easiest spot in the house to update for seasons.

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel

I raided my stash, and about 15 minutes later, we had a spooked-up mantel. 

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel
Birds: Dollar Tree // Driftwood: HomeGoods // Banner: World Market


Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel
Striped Tapers: Similar // Brass Sticks: Thrift Store // Large Vase: World Market


Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel

 
Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel
{DIY} Bats // {DIY} Faux Birch Logs // Basket: HomeGoods


Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel
Skeleton: Dollar Tree // {DIY} Tricked Out Pumpkins


Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel

I added some decor to the coffee table, too...a little goes a long way for Halloween.

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Mantel


Such simple updates, but they made the kids so excited to see. And strangely enough, I felt less overwhelmed when I was done. The act of decorating was therapeutic for me, since putting together vignettes and outfits is my happy place. In fact, it's inspired me and fanned my excitement for the upcoming holidays....because you know, Halloween is just the kick-off! How are you feeling about holidays being right around the corner?! They totally snuck up, didn't they? I'm writing us a permission slip to dial back this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top