I'm not going to lie, this week kicked my bootie a bit. Between the fourth quarter crunch at work, and Mr. Sugarplum working late nights (and obsessed with playoff baseball #gogiants!), I'm feeling stretched a little thin. It wasn't my best mom-week, that's for sure. But everyone ate three meals a day, had clean clothes, and completed homework, so I wasn't a complete bust. So hooray for Friday, which means I have the whole weekend to recharge and spend time with them! Let's perk things up with my random Friday Five.

1) I posted this outfit on InstaGram last weekend, and the jacket caused a bit of a stir and excitement. Normally I'd wait for the next installment of Sugarplum Style, but I thought I'd better share now in case it sells out.

Jacket // Hoodie (similar) // Distressed Jeans // Booties (similar) // Bag (similar)

The adorable jacket is a combination of preppy cable-knit sleeves, with an outdoorsy buffalo plaid body. I think it's pure perfection with jeans, or dressed up with a black skirt, or over a dress. I layered a hoodie under it in the picture above for a more sporty look. The jacket is fully lined, and runs true to size. I'm wearing an XS which felt a tad tight through the upper arms when I first put it on, but the knit stretched fairly quickly. I think if I went up a size it would look too bulky. If you want a more neutral color, check out this one and this one.

And a note about the striped top...it's a great staple for layering, but if you plan to wear it with leggings, order up a few sizes so it's long enough to cover your lady-bits. If wearing it alone, you'll probably want to layer a tank under it due to the sheerness. #mytwocents #coveryourbits

Hi Sugarplum | Plaid Jacket


2) Stefanie of Brooklyn Limestone is the undisputed Queen of Halloween, and I look forward to seeing her creations every year. This time, she decorated her stunning Brooklyn home with the Ghostbuster theme! How much fun to be her neighbor!! I hope she stocks up on candy, because she's sure to have throngs of trick-or-treaters! You have to go see all the details, and while you're there, check out her crazy-clever Hidden Jewelry Organizer.




3) Chelsea at Two Twenty One had a darling baby boy, and hosted a Preggo Mom series during her maternity leave. She somehow talked a whole slew of bloggers in to sharing pictures and stories about their pregnancies. I can't believe I let this one out of the lockbox. I mean, bless my poor shirt...it's working overtime, and still not getting it done! Go congratulate Chelsea on her sweet baby!

Babygirl was born the day after this picture was taken!


4) Y'all were so sweet about our Date Night Style post this week, and I showed all your comments to Mr. SP...mostly in hopes that he'd keep doing them with me! #ulteriormotive He's pretty particular about his clothes, but I've slowly been able to inject what I like in to his wardrobe. He prefers jeans most of the time, so I like to find fun ways to dress them up, while still being comfortable. Several people have asked me about outfits for family pictures...I think both of these would be great looks for your guy.

Hi Sugarplum | Mens Fashion


5) I love the striped jacket, but Mr. SP would give me the ole raised eyebrow if I brought it home for him. He prefers jackets like this one, and paired with a bright shirt, it presents a sportier feel. As long as he's wearing a good-fitting pair of jeans, I'm happy with whatever!

Hi Sugarplum | Mens Fashion



What style do you prefer for your man? Does he live in jeans, too? I've got a Science Fair project and painting trim planned...what's on your agenda? Happy weekend, lovebugs!


{Shop the Men's Looks}


***The Men's Fashion portion of this post was written in collaboration with Nordstrom. All opinions, outfit selections, and husband-manipulating is my own. Thank you for supporting Hi Sugarplum sponsors!***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top