I've never been so happy that our guest/kids bathroom is so small! I think the only time you wish a room smaller, is when you're painting the ceiling! Ohmywow, is there anything worse or more painful?! (Obviously, there is, but go with me here.) 

My rockstar-contractor (hyphenated because that's his name) is set to finish tiling the shower, and start the tile floors today, so I wanted to paint the ceiling first so I wouldn't have to worry about splatters and drips ruining my beautiful new tile. I hope your weekend didn't leave you with a crick in your neck! Although, mine is worth it...the Valspar 'Mark Twain Gray Brick' is dee-vine!! (I'm talking about the Big Box Bathroom remodel.)

Today I have a cool little tip for you fans of the Ikea Ribba frames. Or any matted frames, really. I love using landscape photos from our travels to decorate our walls, and in most cases, we use the 12x17 frames. (See our travel gallery wall here.) But I wanted something much larger for the Dining Room.

Hi Sugarplum | Oversize Framed Art with Custom Mat

I had a poster printed of a photo from our Italy trip at Staples for a cool $20 (watch for their sales). To keep the savings going, I chose the large 28x40 Ikea Ribba frame for $25. It's a great deal, especially considering the frame includes a mat, but I didn't care for the yellowy shade of the mat, or the asymmetrical opening.

Hi Sugarplum | Oversize Framed Art with Custom Mat

To have a custom mat made would have cost $50 or more, but did you know Michaels only charges $2 per cut on your existing mats?! And since the flip-side of the mat was a nice bright white, I had them bevel the cut so the white side became the new front. So for just $8, I got a custom look that fits my image and frame perfectly!

Hi Sugarplum | Oversize Framed Art with Custom Mat

Hi Sugarplum | Oversize Framed Art with Custom Mat

This large Ribba frame is made of wood, but the front is plexi...making it near impossible to photograph without a glare! At first I was disappointed it wasn't glass, but realized that would make it much too heavy. I do recommend using the additional brace included to keep the frame from bowing.

Hi Sugarplum | Oversize Framed Art with Custom Mat

Hi Sugarplum | Oversize Framed Art with Custom Mat

Suddenly I'm looking at all my frames to see if the mats need custom-sizing! Oh, and the picture is of Cinque Terre...the final stop on our Italian trip last Spring. Maybe one of these days I'll actually post about that little slice of Heaven! Happy Monday, lovebugs...I hope your week is off to a great start!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top