I spent the weekend spackling, sanding and painting in this little bathroom....which didn't feel so little after the 187th hole I filled....and I can't wait to show you guys how it looks. But, we're documenting each step in order, so that will have to wait! When we left off after Day 2, the bathroom had been completely demoed, ceiling painted, recessed lights and fan installed, toilet hole dug deeper, vanity sprayed and shower tile partially in place! Whew! You see why we called in the pros for these steps?! Mr. SP and I aren't about to mess with plumbing and electrical!

So here we are after Day 3....the shower tile fully installed and grouted (we used Delorian Gray grout), and the window framed. They also changed the plumbing from two knobs to one.

Hi Sugarplum | Big Box Bathroom Remodel, Days 2 & 3

I designed a custom niche that will have two large openings with a short shelf in between, and that's almost complete.

Hi Sugarplum | Big Box Bathroom Remodel, Days 2 & 3

But the best thing about Day 3.....we have floors! Curvy, sexy, beautiful floors!

Hi Sugarplum | Big Box Bathroom Remodel Days 2 & 3

I know the design board called for the black and white hex tile, but with the long subway tile and wall planks, I felt like the room needed some softer, rounded lines...so we switched it up at the last minute and used American Olean Vaughn. The room is long and narrow too, so we placed the pattern on the horizontal to make the room appear wider. The tile has a classic feel, but the Moroccean shape gives the floor some interest.

Hi Sugarplum | Big Box Bathroom Remodel Days 2 & 3

They also set the first few wall planks to be sure of spacing and placement.

Hi Sugarplum | Big Box Bathroom Remodel Days 2 & 3

I wish I had more pics, but we couldn't step foot on the floor while the thinset dried. I even built a huge barricade to keep the kids and dog out! #nottakinganychances

Hi Sugarplum | Big Box Bathroom Remodel Days 2 & 3

Can you see the room taking shape?! Hang on to your hats....Day 4 is a big one!

{Follow along from the beginning}


***For those of you asking about my rockstar-contractor, I highly recommend Classic Kitchens & Baths (214-349-5999)!***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top