Is there anything more exciting than a delivery truck pulling up to your house, especially when you haven't ordered anything? Such was the case last week, when I got a surprise box of presents from Kirklands!

Cookies & Cocoa Party

Turns out, the sweet Rene of Cottage and Vine, was my Secret Santa, and had selected a few holiday items from Kirklands for me to decorate with this season.

Cookies & Cocoa Party

Obviously Rene knows me well, and knows I love to create tablescapes and parties...and what better way to use these cute new items than to invite neighbors over for an impromptu Cookies & Cocoa Party!

Cookies & Cocoa Party

I've always wanted one of these beverage dispensers, and love that this one has a stand and little chalkboard tag. I filled it with hot chocolate, and set out a bowl of mini and chocolate marshmallows as toppers.

Cookies & Cocoa Party

I placed the faux-fur runner on the counter for a wintery-snowy look, and used the tea towels for extra color and pattern.

Cookies & Cocoa Party

All the yummies are from Trader Joes (keeping it easy this time of year!), and the dishes are Spode.

Cookies & Cocoa Party

I used the chip-and-dip platter for cookies, and put whipped cream for the cocoa in the center. The whole thing is propped on a glass cake stand for more height.

Cookies & Cocoa Party

Unless you're okay with eating an entire bag, I suggest you not buy chocolate-drizzled popcorn! I sent guests home with little treat boxes of it....mostly because I had to get it out of my house!

 Cookies & Cocoa Party

Easy afternoon packed with fun, love and sugar!

 Cookies & Cocoa Party

Thank you Rene and Kirklands for the Secret Santa fun! Have you seen all the great holiday decor at crazy-good prices at Kirklands?! Lots to check out. Are you having any little parties or get-togethers this season? I wish I could have all of you over for a hot toddy toast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top