Even though Christmas is only a week away (only 7 more days, people!!), I'd normally still be decorating and whipping out seasonal projects. But now I have a sudden urge to nest, to hunker down with my family and hold them close. Instead of running around, I want to be still and savor all this season has to offer.

Our house is a safe haven, and my most joyful place...especially this time of year! I kept the decor minimal, but the colors bright....here are some of my favorite spots.

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

The boys are allergic to real trees, so I get my tree-smell fix with live wreaths tied with glittered tulle on the front doors.

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

The Living Room houses our tree this year, with doses of bright jewel-tones splashed around.

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

The Mantel and Sequin Trees are just waiting for Santa's arrival.

IMG_9042

IMG_9056

I think the Glittery Snowflake Wreath will stay up past the holiday...I have a feeling I won't be ready to pack it away.

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

I've collected quite a few nativity sets, but this year I let my daughter choose her favorites, and arrange them to her liking in the bookshelves.

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

I eavesdrop on her imaginary games with Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus....nothing sweeter to hear!

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

Last year's Snowy Pinecones held up great, and look so pretty with the light reflecting off them.

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

The No-Sew Pom Pom Tree Skirt is the perfect backdrop for the presents.

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

And our tree now holds even more memories with all the new ornaments we made this year.

DIY Christmas Ornaments

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

We spend most evenings in the Family Room, so I wanted to give it splash of Christmas, too.

Mini Christmas Trees

Mini Christmas Trees

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes
I took these pics Saturday morning, so of course the TV was on!
And we added just a few small touches to the Breakfast Room and Kitchen...like this furry runner (more on that tomorrow!), and last year's Scented Pine Cone Wreath used as a centerpiece.

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

The kids love this year's Advent Calendar, and only a few tins remain unopened!

Advent Calendar

And finally, the Dining Room table has a display of mini-trees running down the center. I'd show you more, but I'm trying to finish the drapes first!
 
Mini Christmas Trees

I was inspired by Megan's photo tutorial post last week, and tried to create one of those bokeh shots that's all the rage. I didn't quite get there, but I thought it was still a pretty picture.

Holiday/Christmas Vignettes

I'm pretty sure the 50mm lens to take this shot is under the tree. Probably because I ordered it and told Mr. Sugarplum it was my Christmas present. I'll still win an Oscar with my surprised expression Christmas morning, though.

So that's the tour of Christmas at our house. I'm sharing it with Courtney today, for the Christmas Cheer link party...and I hope you'll come check out all the other gorgeous spaces!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top