We had a little taste of Fall weather last weekend, and I did what I do every time the season changes....stood in my closet dumbfounded about what to wear! It's like I have a senior moment, and literally forget how to dress for the new season. Before I had a total closet meltdown (you know those...when you're running late and have NO idea what to wear, and you start to panic a little #firstworldproblems), I took a deep breath and remembered my three Fall basics...jacket, scarf, boots.

Yep, it's that simple. By adding any combination of those three items, you can transition almost any outfit from Summer to Fall. I'll give you some examples.

Add a military or denim vest to your white jeans, and swap wedges for boots....BAM, pumpkin spice latte time! I ordered both this vest and this one because I couldn't decide which I liked better. Thank you, Nordstrom, for free shipping and returns! I'll let you know which vest I settle on when both arrive.

Military chic


Fall chic


Same goes for dresses...add a light jacket and feminine booties, and you're ready to frolic in the leaves. Once Winter hits, you'll need to be more concerned about the fabric of the dress, but for now, most everything works.

Fall Chic



Here we let the cozy scarf and knee-high wedge boots (both are so crazy comfortable!) work their pinecone magic.

boots and checks


I love jeans and a white tee year-round...but with a flannel plaid scarf, booties, and a cognac bag...I'm ready to pick apples! Can you even stand how perfectly-Fall this plaid scarf is?! And only $20! #didsomeonesayChristmasgift

scarf and tee


Now that I know what to wear again, I'm ready to welcome cooler temperatures. How do you transition your wardrobe for Fall? What's your favorite Fall outfit? Happy weekend, lovebugs!

{Shop the Post} 



*This post is written in collaboration with Nordstrom, but as always, all styles and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Hi Sugarplum sponsors!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top