Hey there, friends, and Happy Friday!! Today's Five is quite the random collection...with everything from butts to serial killers...welcome to my brain!

1) Shopping for jeans is probably my least favorite, up there with bathing suit and grocery shopping. And it's no wonder, because no two women are built alike, so how can they possibly make jeans that fit everyone? Hence why I end up trying on 782 20 different styles every time. I may find a pair that fits through the thighs, but have the dreaded bootie gap at the waist. Or another pair that fits the waist, but are so tight I'm afraid people will throw $1 bills at me. (That was a hooker reference, and sadly, not the first on this blog.)

So when my friend Sheaffer insisted she'd found jeans that look good on everybody, I had to try. I picked them up and noticed that the denim was soft with a nice stretch. I pulled them on and was pleased to find they weren't too tight in the thigh or butt. Then I turned around and was shocked that there was no gap at the waist! So I sent Sheaffer this pic from the dressing room....and her response was, 'Skinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyy!' So of course I bought 10 pairs them on the spot.

They really are the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (for those of you who don't watch teen movies, that means they look good on everyone). I'd have paid almost anything for these magic jeans, but at under $60, they are a total steal. Especially since they look the same as this pricier version. Get your own pair HERE. And Sheaffer, I'll never doubt you again!

Untitled
Photographing your own butt has got to be the most awkward thing ever.

2) Do you watch Dexter and Breaking Bad??? Next to Homeland, they are my favorite shows on TV. This is the last season for both, and the final episodes have been so intense I can hardly stand it! I've watched every one with my mouth hanging open, and my hand clutching my heart. So good!!! I'm rooting for Dexter to come out on top, and for Walter White to burn.



3) The sweet people at Kiwi Crate gifted us with what might be the neatest thing ever to land in our mailbox. It's a cute little box filled with all the materials and inspiration for two complete children's craft projects.

Hi Sugarplum | Kiwi Crate

My daughter declared it 'The best craft box ever!!', but I've decided it's 'Mommy's Quiet Afternoon.' Yep, she spent several hours completely engrossed in creating. You can buy the crates individually by theme, or sign up for monthly deliveries. And you know all those birthday parties your kids go to? These would make the best gifts, and have the perfect $20 price tag. They have super cute party favors, too. I'm stocking up! (Pssst, this link gives you $10 off your first order.)

Hi Sugarplum | Kiwi Crate


4) I'm a hardcore nag when it comes to my kid's stuff left scattered all over the house. Half the time I'm tempted to toss it in the trash. Michelle at 4 Men 1 Lady came up with the genius idea of a Ransom Box. Items not picked up are held hostage by her, and the kids can do a chore to earn them back. A tidy house and child labor...woot!  

4men1lady


5) A big, phat WELCOME to returning sponsor Lisa Leonard Designs. I'm such a fan of her hand-stamped jewelry, and couldn't be happier to have her part of this wee little blog. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep the projects flowing around here!

Lisa Leonard Designs ad


Tell me about your favorite jeans! And who's watching Dexter or Breaking Bad?! How do you think they're going to end?!?! Happy weekend, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top