I am so super excited to be taking part in Pottery Barn's latest Mystery Box Challenge! I mean, who doesn't love Pottery Barn?! And who doesn't love unwrapping piles of goodies from Pottery Barn!? No one, that's who. So when they asked if I was game for their Summer Sips Cocktail Party, I couldn't say 'Ole!' fast enough!

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

Let's back up, shall we? Pottery Barn sent me a whole slew of colorful outdoor entertaining pieces, that caused me an embarrassing level of giddiness. My challenge was to choose a cocktail, then create a party around it using their pieces. Obviously, I love all things Mexican decor and food, so appointing the margarita as my cocktail was a no-brainer.

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

My girlfriends and I always use the best and easiest recipe ever...it's called Four Cans.



1 can frozen limeade
1 can beer
1 can Sprite
1 can tequila (use the limeade can as your measure)

Mix and serve over ice.
It's slap-your-mama good. Promise.

To make things a little more fun and festive, I served them with shot glasses of pureed fruit. That way guests can choose if they want original margaritas, or fruity margaritas like strawberry, watermelon and blackberry. Just pour the fruit in your drink and stir!

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

Throw in some Mexican beer and sodas (they have the best packaging!), and you've got a Fiesta!

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

I love, love, love everything they sent....especially the galvanized catchall tray. We placed napkins in the cutlery slots, and used the bottom layer for ice and bottled drinks. The uses are endless, really. And you'd never know the cups, trays and serving pieces were melamine! It's like using all your best pieces outside, but not having to worry about anything breaking. Even the barrel drink dispenser is plastic!

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

I recruited my aunt, a fellow lover of all Mexican decor, and together we paired the items from Pottery Barn with our own serapes, tin votives, otomi patterns, and papel picados. We recycled salsa cans as flower vases and containers for straws...I can hardly stand the cuteness!

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

The new outdoor coffee table came in handy for more drinks and snacks.

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party


Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party

I had so much fun putting this together, and wish I could have all of you over for a Fiesta Party! Who's got a killer guacamole recipe? What's your favorite margarita?


Now comes your part....
This Challenge is also a 'friendly' competition with these four amazingly talented bloggers:

Sugar & Charm | Modern Moments | Capes & Crowns | Creating Couture Parties

 We've each created a different Summer Sips Cocktail Party,
and readers can view them on the Pottery Barn Facebook page,
then vote HERE!
You won't even believe how good they are...
but overlook their talent, and vote for me anyway.
I kid.
You can totally vote for them.
Just make sure you vote for me twice.

Voting is open June 19 ~ July 2, and the winner will be announced July 2.
Thank you so much for your support and excitement!


* I was not compensated for this post, but Pottery Barn did graciously provide me with the items shown above. As always, opinions and begging for votes is 100% me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top