Laura has one of the most well-written, thought-provoking blogs on the block, and every post is a real treat. I look forward to her brutally honest Mommy Mondays, and her hands-on Lazy Beauty Reviews. It's fascinating to peek into her glamorous life married to a Hollywood Hot-Shot. She may be red-carpets and spotlights, but that didn't stop her from sharing a basket of hot wings with me! I crashed the Blissdom conference last month just to meet her, and I don't think either of us stopped talking once. Let's get to know the goods on Laura!

20 Questions -  Laura

What is your road trip essential snack?
I go nowhere without a Dr. Pepper in hand. I mean to tell you I do not leave my neighborhood without a DP, unless I'm driving on the hunt for a DP. So, it's less a "road trip essential" and more of a lifeblood.

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/4a4c7564930e11e2b1c622000aa8000f_7.jpg
via @hollywoodhwife on instagram

You've been handed two free round-trip tickets...who are you taking and where are you going?
I'm taking husband and we're headed back to Tahiti. We went there on our honeymoon and it was amazing, but we weren't at a time in our life where we needed such a luxurious vacation. Two kids later on top of two very busy career schedules, NOW is when we need a sandy white beach.

What was your high school jam?
I was heavily into Aerosmith in high school. And also The Cure. Those are both great bands, but suffice it to say that my tiny Oklahoma town left a lot to be desired in the music department.

Would you rather have a perfect bum, or a flawless face?
Please. There's only one of those things that people see.

What shows are you ashamed to admit are on your DVR?
I should be horrified that every city of the Real Housewives franchise graces my DVR, but I'm not. I like to call it "research."

What's your ringtone?
I keep my phone on vibrate at almost all times. Talking on the phone makes me nervous. This is a strange phenomenon, as I'm not particularly shy.

How old were you when you had your first kiss? Was it meh or toe-curling?
I was standing (thank you very much), so it wasn't literally toe-curling. But as far as firsts go, it was pretty much perfect. I was thirteen.

Do you have any siblings, and if so, where are you in the birth order?
I have an older sister and an older brother. I'm the baby by nine years and seven years. It shows.

What physical quirk were you born with?
My elbows are double-jointed, so I can turn my arms all the way around. Inside out. It's fairly jaw-dropping.

What was your first car, and did you name it?
My first car was a brown Mazda 929. I didn't name it, but I was strangely proud of the oscillating air-conditioning vents. I showed them off to all passengers.

What would you request for your last supper?
Oh, goodness. Crab, maybe? Fresh, buttery crab seems like a sweet sendoff.

Have you ever been hospitalized, and if so, what for?
Only when I had my babies.

How tall are you? Do you wish you were taller, shorter...or are you just right?
I'm just a hair under 5'7. It's very normal, not noticeable one way or another. I think that's the best thing one can say about height, really.

Do you prefer to DIY or hire it out?
Hire it out, every time. I have the utmost respect for people who can do things themselves with only a can of paint and rubber band, but this is just not me. I have the disasters to prove it. I'm super adept at finding someone else to do it. It's a skill within itself.

Kitchen-remodel-2
Laura's Fabulous New Kitchen!

What do you eat for breakfast? 
Dr. Pepper. Have we already covered this? I also love a bowl of grape nuts cereal. With my Dr. Pepper.

What would you do for a living if you didn't need money?
I would write. It took me a long time to give in to my biggest passion, but it's the only way I want to spend a working hour.

Finish this sentence: Every room needs….
Pink!

Living room after
Laura's Pink Living Room!


How frequently do you wash your hair? Do you have any hair secrets or tricks?
I am baffled by people who wash their hair every day. This is akin to mowing your lawn every day. There's no need! Now, I probably stretch it more than I should. I wash my hair every third day. If I can get away with it, every fourth. Once I discovered the Dry Bar, this fed my philosophy. I don't know what they do to my hair, but it lasts (looking great) for days.

Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes. I work from home, so I frequently do preschool pickups in my pajamas. Fresh-faced if you will. At 1pm. One of the bonuses of living in an enormous city is that you can be out and about for hours and never see a soul you know.

You just unloaded your Halloween haul...what candy do you go for first?
Twix. Doesn't everyone? Sour Patch Kids don't last long, either.

What totally inane talent do you possess?
Since my first pregnancy four years ago, my sense of smell is keener than a hound dog. I swear, I can smell a spot of mildew on the second floor before I open the front door. This is mostly a curse, truth be told. I'm tortured by all smells all the time. I'm also ridiculously good bowler. Does that count as inane? 'Cause it's actually been quite useful when betting against my husband.

***

Since I already consider Laura a 'real-life' friend, her answers just confirm how much I love her! Small towns, pink and Twix...she's speaking my language. Go say 'hi' at Hollywood Housewife, but be prepared to stay awhile!

And check out the other {20 Questions} 
Jamie, I Suwannee
Shay, Mix & Match Family

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top