This {20 Questions} Series is all about getting to know the person behind your favorite blog. The funny thing is, Sheaffer and I have kind-of known each other for years. But it wasn't until we both started blogging that we became real friends! Now I stalk her online for her Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars recaps (totally hilarious!), the amazing sales she digs up, and the fun outfits she puts together using Pinterest as her guide.

20 questions - Sheaffer


What is your road trip essential snack?
A banana and a Smart Water.

Ha!
J/K
I MUST have an icy Dr. Pepper in a styrofoam cup with lots of ice....and then I need something super salty (think Funyons or Corn-nuts)....and then some Hot Tamales!
Yeah, I'm a total health nut.

You've been handed two free round-trip tickets...
who are you taking and where are you going?
That is SUPER easy!  The hubby and I would head to these little huts on the water in Bora Bora (in the movie Couple's Retreat).  I MEAN, can you imagine?!?


What was your high school jam?
Okay.  I know this is weird.  But I don't think I had one.  And if I did, I don't remember.
I'm not really a music person.
In fact...here's a little tidbit for you...I have NEVER ever bought a cd, tape, record, or 8 track in my entire life.  I've never owned an ipod, and I don't download music anywhere.
I know. I'm a freak.
I do enjoy listening and singing along to the radio.

Would you rather have a perfect bum, or a flawless face?
No question.  No hesitation.  A flawless face.

What shows are you ashamed to admit are on your DVR?
None really.

I totally own the fact that I watch trash TV. 
:)



What's your ringtone? 
A regular ol' ring.  Yep, totally boring.

How old were you when you had your first kiss? Was it meh or toe-curling?
My first peck on the lips was 6th grade.  It was just a peck, so I would probably just say "meh".
I don't remember my first real kiss. (Which would probably make you think it was "meh"....but I have a HORRIBLE memory, so it might have been fantastic!)
I'm going to go ahead and assume it was probably toe-curling.

Do you have any siblings, and if so, where are you in the birth order?
I have one sister that is 8 years younger than I am.  As my mom tells it, I didn't sleep through the night until I was 6 years old....so it took her awhile to decide she wanted another one.

What physical quirk were you born with?
When I move my eyebrows up and down, my entire scalp moves.
So like, if my hair is in a ponytail, you will see my ponytail move....
and all I have to do is raise my eyebrows. 
Oh...and I sleep with my eyes about 1/2 open.
I'm a total freak show.

What was your first car, and did you name it?
I got an Eagle Talon when I was 17.  It looked just like this.



It was a surprise when I got it, and I was thrilled!  I remember I got it the day I got home from church camp.  The year before I had to drive around my mom's Astro minivan.  Don't be jealous.

What would you request for your last supper?
My Mamaw's chicken spaghetti with my mom's green salad and crispy cornbread muffins.
For dessert, either my mom's chocolate pie or Apricot Fried Pies.
All of those things conjure up such great memories for me!

Have you ever been hospitalized, and if so, what for?
I had a seizure in grad school and I was hospitalized for 1 night. (The medicine I was on afterwards caused my horrible memory.)  At that time, Chris was loving in Norman, OK and I was living in Dallas.  He had just driven back to Oklahoma the day before, but when his parents called him to tell him what happened, he immediately drove back to Dallas to see me.  I was kind of loopy and don't really remember anything about the hospital.
Years later I found out that he slept on the floor in the hospital room. 
Cue the "awwwwws".

How tall are you? Do you wish you were taller, shorter...or are you just right?
I am 5'3" and 3/4.
The fact that I included the 3/4" should tell you that I would love to be taller.

Do you prefer to DIY or hire it out?
Hire. It. Out.

What do you eat for breakfast?
I have a glass of V8.
It keeps your diet straight.
(Please tell me you guys remember that campaign.)



What would you do for a living if you didn't need money?
Hmmmmmmm.  I LOVE what I do.  I'm a speech language pathologist, and I work specifically with children with intellectual disabilities and autism.  I can't imagine liking a job more than the one I have.  Helping children communicate more effectively is so incredibly rewarding.
It's also pretty freaking hilarious on a daily basis.
The kids are amazing, and they make me laugh so hard!
I will say this, I could do without the paperwork.

Finish this sentence: Every room needs....
lamps!
Lots and lots of lamps!
And a little bit of black.  Black helps ground a room and make it cozy.

How frequently do you wash your hair? Do you have any hair secrets or tricks?
Pretty much every day DANGIT!  I have friends that can literally go like 4-5 days.
Not me, if I go one day without washing it, my head literally starts to hurt.
It's like my follicles are crying out for help.

Will you leave the house without makeup?
Heck  ya.

You just unloaded your Halloween haul...what candy do you go for first?
Almond Joy and Twix

***
Oh yes, the infamous 3/4-inch...I own it as well. And I need to see this moving ponytail, what a great party trick! Are you ready for your new girl-crush?! Go check out Pinterest Told Me To...you'll be in love with Sheaffer after just one post!

And catch-up on the other {20 Questions}
Jamie, I Suwannee
Shay, Mix & Match Family
Laura, Hollywood Housewife

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top