Many of you know today's special blogger, but might not realize it. Shay writes Mix & Match Family...a great blog with beauty and fashion tips, thoughtful posts about marriage...and oh yeah, life behind-the-scenes as the cutie-pie big sister of a certain Bachelor. Shay was there when Tierra melted-down, and again when Sean sashayed across the dance floor...and she's spilled all the beans! She actually lives near me, so hopefully our friendship crosses the virtual line soon.

20 Questions - Shay

What is your road trip essential snack?
Trail mix (specifically Target's Monster Mix)

You've been handed two free round-trip tickets...who are you taking and where are you going?
Iceland with my hubby!

What was your high school jam?
Anything N'Sync :)

Would you rather have a perfect bum, or a flawless face?
Flawless face!

What shows are you ashamed to admit are on your DVR?
Jersey Shore...I love it!

What's your ringtone? 
Carley Jepsen's Call Me Maybe

How old were you when you had your first kiss? Was it meh or toe-curling?
14 and it was toe curling!

Do you have any siblings, and if so, where are you in the birth order?
I have one younger brother...his life isn't interesting at all...
via

What physical quirk were you born with?
I have fabulous calves. I get them from my dad...my daughter has them too.

What was your first car, and did you name it?
A red, two-door Saturn and I don't name cars

What would you request for your last supper?
Carbonara pasta with a big piece of wedding cake for dessert


Shay's Recipe

Have you ever been hospitalized, and if so, what for?
Yes.  I had cancer when I was 17 and they had to go in and remove all of the lymph nodes from the right side of my neck...thank the Lord that I was healed! (Editorial interruption...my gosh, Shay! That is awful! Thank God you are healthy now!)

How tall are you? Do you wish you were taller, shorter...or are you just right?
5'3"...a wouldn't mind being 5'6"

Do you prefer to DIY or hire it out?
HIRE OUT

What do you eat for breakfast?
Coffee and oatmeal with peanut butter and a few chocolate chips

What would you do for a living if you didn't need money?
Be a foodie blogger ;)


Mix and Match Mama
Shay's Food Blog

Finish this sentence: Every room needs....
...a comfy place to read.

How frequently do you wash your hair? Do you have any hair secrets or tricks?
Every two to three days.  My biggest hair tip is to embrace whatever hair you have...don't try and make your hair something it's not.

Will you leave the house without makeup?
Sometimes.

You just unloaded your Halloween haul...what candy do you go for first?
Toffee!

What totally inane talent do you possess?
I'm an amazing shopper (yes, I'll consider that a talent...my husband would call it inane!)

***
 Yes, it's confirmed, Shay and I need to meet. We obviously share a love of travel and shopping, and I'm willing to overlook the fact that she likes toffee. Hop over to Mix & Match Family and meet Shay! 

And check out {20 Questions} with Jamie at I Suwannee here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top