Hey party people!! I'm so excited to get this Holiday Season started, and kick-off our Christmas Cheer Link Party! I've still got glitter in my hair, so that's a good sign of all of the holiday craft projects coming your way this month....starting today with the blingiest craft of them all....a Glittery Snowflake Wreath.

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

I found myself with an overload of glittered snowflakes from last year's after-Christmas sales (they are too hard to resist at 75% off!), so I decided to create a wreath. I'm no stranger to the Christmas wreath, as noted by my wreaths made of magnolia, cranberries, boxwood, rosemary, cinnamon pine cones and stick-on bows!

All you need are for this one are snowflakes, wreath form (I found this flat one at Michael's for $2), and glue gun. If you want to get extra blingy, grab some little mirrors, too.

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

I went ahead and sprayed my wreath form silver, in case it showed through, and so it would look nicer on the backside (it's hanging in a window). Measure the ribbon needed to hang, and glue it flat on the back. With the rough edges of this wreath, it's better to have part of the ribbon attached to the form.

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

Then play with your arrangement, until you get the look you want. Glitter will be everywhere. My first layer is large, silver snowflakes, glued towards the outside edge of the form. I wanted it as large as possible. TWSS

 Glitter Snowflake Wreath

Next, I did a layer of hot pink, followed by purple.

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

And then to tone it down a bit, I did a final layer of silver snowflakes.

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

And because I had them leftover from these ornaments, I glued small mirrors to all the visible snowflake centers. They reflect circles of light all over the room during the day...it's like Studio 54 in my house!

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

I had to tie the bow 87 times to get it right, but now she's a blingy, glittery, shiny beauty!

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

I hung her from a Command hook (what else?!) on the Living Room back door. She coordinates beautifully with this year's color theme....jewel tones! (Last year was pink.)

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

Glitter Snowflake Wreath

Now it's your turn to show us all your crafty goodness! Link up below, as many projects as you like, as long as they're Holiday related! And if you're feeling extra sweet, throw our magic button in your post so your readers can see all the great ideas, too. Rumor has it the button negates all your holiday calories!

Christmas LinkUp


Thanks for linking up! I love checking out all your fabulous projects! I'm sharing mine with Kristy at Hyphen Interiors, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top