If you follow me on InstaGram, then you likely saw me surrounded by talented bloggers all weekend at the Haven Conference, and grinning ear-to-ear! I follow more blogs than I can keep up with, and am always so inspired and awed by the creativeness that comes from the entire blogging community, so it was a real treat to immerse myself amongst them for a few days.

Packing for events can be intimidating, but I treated this as more of a girl's weekend...since many of these bloggers have become some of my closest friends. And sure we learned tons of great tips from the talented speakers, but for me, it was mostly about meeting and spending time with girlfriends.

You guys seem to appreciate my packing and outfit posts, so I thought I'd share what I packed for this Home Blogger Conference, aka, Girl's Weekend, along with a few pics from the experience.


{Travel Day}

Hi Sugarplum | What to Pack for a Girl's Weekend or Blog Conference
{Happy Hour Party & Dinner Out}

Hi Sugarplum | What to Pack for a Girl's Weekend or Blog Conference
Courtney, Megan, Kristin & Jen sharing tapas at Eclipse de Luna


{Education Sessions}

Hi Sugarplum | What to Pack for a Girl's Weekend or Blog Conference
Hi Sugarplum Style
Danielle, Kirsten & Megan


{Dancing & Drinks}

Hi Sugarplum | What to Pack for a Girl's Weekend or Blog Conference
Love getting ready with the girls, Megan, Kristin & Jen! No, my curler is not just a prop!


Chris, Sarah & Kristin enjoying the Rustoleum Cocktail Party


{Education Sessions}

Hi Sugarplum | What to Pack for a Girl's Weekend or Blog </p><p> </p><p><a href=
Megan, Courtney, Jen & Kristin at the Proctor & Gamble Luncheon


{Dinner & Dancing}

Hi Sugarplum | What to Pack for a Girl's Weekend or Blog Conference


Kristin, Michelle, Megan, Courtney & Jen chowing on the best burgers at Flip. Love these girls!


Hi Sugarplum Style
Not just a girl, but one of my favorites, Chris. #seewhatIdidthere


Jen, Kristin, Michelle & Megan hamming it up at the Home Depot & Ryobi Beach Party.


{Travel Day}
Hi Sugarplum | What to Pack for a  Girl's Weekend or Blog Conference
Plaid Popover Shirt | White Shorts | Denim Jacket | Leopard Belt (similar)
Striped Bag (similar) | Bag Tassel Charm | Gold Flip Flops | Earrings | Watch | Chain Tassel Bracelet


We had a 6am car to the airport, so no pictures of the travel day home! #vain I can't say enough how much I love this blogging community and the friendships that have come from it. Every time I step outside my comfort zone and attend one of these events, I'm always rewarded with new and closer relationships. 

I laughed, ate good food, learned some priceless tips about decorating and DIY, and just enjoyed being in the company of women who love blogging as much as I do. I wish there had been more time because there are still so many I wasn't able to meet!! I know we're not all bloggers, but we all get invited to parties and events outside our inner-circle, and I strongly encourage you to take the chance and go! Your life will be fuller and richer for it...I promise!

My roommates and dear friends, Jen & Megan...whom I met online.

Thank you so much to the Haven team for another fabulous event...I can't wait until next year! Hop over to Megan's for her recap, too, which includes notes from the classes, links to many more of the sweet girls we met, as well as her thoughts on friendships. When is the last time you took a chance with strangers?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top