In my soapbox Home Goals 2014 post, I talked about how I tend to avoid the projects that intimidate me, and over-think them to the point of never starting. My craft supplies is definitely at the top of that list. Not that I was afraid to organize them, but I just didn't know where to start. And I was more focused on it being 'blog worthy' and 'picture perfect' than a truly functional system.

But I realized my procrastination has led to nothing but chaos and frustration. Really, any system is better than the shove-it-anywhere-and-everywhere-you-can-system I've got now! You're familiar with that system, right? (See the state of things here.) So in keeping with my mantra, I'm just going to start somewhere!

I have a spare closet in our 'Guest Room' (air-quotes necessary since the room consists of only a twin bed), so first task is hitting up the internets for craft closet inspiration.

I said closet, not a whole room...but a girl can drool dream, right?

Crafts Room
via


The Details for Project Center
via


Scrapbook room... by Teasha.Marie
via

And no, not a walk-in closet...

Craft Closet: For the Kids
via


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg2vxfl1bKZx3_PCiXAaQVj1I0ZNn1mtEttoSR8Z40DolOEW6HgRb2V28v9Fk39EnjqV1J6aQf4T3cg5TCArrW30RVli4h6-so0JtzjsdNXHx8x0n1BZi9-cDPjD5VQq-jYwFLmq_X8IUjb/s1600/MLanders+14.jpg
via


walk in craft closet
via
Just a basic, 3-foot-deep closet. I love these with the built-in work stations/desks...but ultimately I decided I probably wouldn't actually sit in my closet when working on a project. I like to spread out near a window and the TV family.

via


http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/36/7a/a2/367aa2340e25bb7e2bb471ddeed46ce3.jpg
via

Also, my closet doors slide, so I wouldn't be able to expose the entire closet at one time. This is about working with what I've got.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhI9PbUshFT2S9X-eonWe14TCdOJwU-jDYn2iGEHhV29mDDFNTVpwPvgGa9KjWYZAT3iFcL9B4QDiA2qFTCbsS4ZpcH1eyAbw3jfGpDIbCb_gnwTyLtk-wmLbtx5ybpU2Cq-O2QwYWvwyo/s1600/P2250315.JPG
via

via


http://www.beneathmyheart.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/office-0191.jpg
via



Home Office Closet: Private Work Space
via


http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/80/8a/70/808a7070423787f96c1c6bb5cb7d5f8e.jpg
via


http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/94/41/af/9441afbbb129ef56bc7103570e2b0ff3.jpg
via

I could take the doors off and put up curtains, but I'd rather the room stay a bedroom, with the craft supplies tucked out-of-sight.

craft closet
via


Craft Closet: Use Your Resources
via


Through my intense research, I fell in love utilizing the door space. But like I said, my doors slide, not swing open. However, I could implement this on the back wall of the closet instead.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/6a/f9/12/6af912c6e5dbbebd9f67c909d1f196a6.jpg
via


via


All these options have given me a bunch of ideas, but what's inspired me most, are these smallish closets, where they've managed to corral it all in one compact space. Ideally, my crafts live on one end of the closet, and we retain the other for extra storage and actual closet space for guests.

Craft Closet: Arts & Crafts Galore
via

via


via

My first attempt might not be the perfect solution, but I can just tweak it as the quirks of the system reveal themselves. But that's true for all organizing projects! I've started Step 2....rounding up and sorting through all my craft supplies. Can I just say, if I ever step foot in Michaels or Hobby Lobby again, I should be committed. Where did all this crap come from?!?! Stay tuned...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top