Happy Friday, friends! I loved, loved, loved all your comments and advice yesterday! Several of you suggested I try the floral rug in our pink Dining Room...hello, genius idea! After all, the Dining Room colors came from that rug since it lives in the adjoining room. If that doesn't work, I realized I'm not ready to let the rug go, so I loved your idea of hanging on to it for a possible future home. I wonder if Mr. Can't Polish a Turd is up to playing musical rugs this weekend?!

1) I spotted this adorable sweater online this week, and was so smitten with the heart elbow patches that I immediately whipped up an outfit around it, using similar items from my closet. Actually, I own these exact jeans, booties and scarf, and love them more than cupcakes.

weekend cool


2) Deuce Cities Henhouse recently revamped the kitchen in her 100-year-old home, making it so fresh and modern, yet somehow retaining all the vintage charm. Oh yeah, and she did it for just over $2,000! That's DIY genius at it's finest!

Design*Sponge / Alison Allen Kitchen Makeover


3) Are these crazy-cold temperatures forcing you inside again this weekend? We get cabin fever pretty quickly, so I was thrilled to find these Indoor Snow & Ice Activities for kids on the Kiwi Crate blog. I told you about Kiwi Crates in my Favorite Things post. This link will get you $10 off your first order.

Ice-Title


4) The new season of The Bachelor is under way, and I have to say I'm not really feeling Juan Pablo. But the best part of the show is Sheaffer's hilarious re-caps. You don't have to be a fan or even watch the show to love them. And this Sunday is the big wedding for Bachelor Sean and Catherine, and my friend Shay is Sean's sister. I'm so excited to see her and her adorable kids all decked out for it! How would you wear your hair if you were a bridesmaid in a live televised wedding, watched by millions of people?!?!

 


5) I shared a bunch of the MLK sales in this post, and all are still on-going with further markdowns. Express now has 40% off everything, including my favorite blouse. How cute is this one? West Elm also has so many sales I can't keep them all straight...from sofas and sectionals, to bedding and market...not to mention a clearance section with up to 70% off. And this hamper is cute enough to make laundry enjoyable. Almost.

 http://goo.gl/oDkExU

Happy weekend, lovebugs!

P.S... the winner of the Honeywell Voice Activated Wifi Thermostat was announced here...was it you?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top