Well, well, well...according to your responses to this post, many of us are our own worst enemies. The weight of our plans and intentions overwhelm and cripple us, leaving a lot of un-started projects. It makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone in that stressful mind cycle, but I hate that so many of us get caught in it. But since declaring that I'm going to "Just Start Somewhere"...I've already started re-working a gallery wall, and raided the Algot sale at Ikea for my craft supplies....both with minimal premeditation! It feels so freeing!

One of the things that's been on my list, is our Living Room rug.

Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide

It's large, bright, colorful, and extremely well-made. Not to mention, it was really expensive. It should be my jam, right? So what's the problem? Well, we inherited it from my grandparents several years ago, and at the time, we were just grateful for a rug large enough for the room.

Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide

You know I don't shy away from color, pattern and boldness...but the rug is so overpowering. I do love all the colors, but never really loved the rug. Mr. Sugarplum really never loved it. But I struggle with those feelings because it is so nice, and it was my grandparents.

Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide

I started noticing a lot of stylish people layering rugs...specifically, layering a cowhide over another rug.

[decorating-with-cowhide-rugs%255B10%255D.jpg]
via

layering rugs
via
The Glitter Guide - living rooms - Ralph Lauren - Forde Abbey - Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sofa, French Brass Cocktail Table - Ebay, white, drapes, white, black, Greek key, trim, , gray, walls, cowhide, rug, layered over sisal, rug, vintage, Ebay, French Louis XV, chair, upholstered, Kelly Wearstler, Lee Jofa, metallic, fabric, gold, ebay, flush mount, pendant, light, layered rugs, gray sofa, modern gray sofa, brass coffee table,
via
via
Not only do I love the look, but I thought layering might be a good option to help the floral rug fit our style better. So I took advantage of a recent sale and grabbed this one.


Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide

Once I had it in place, I asked the Mister what he thought about the new Living Room rug? His answer...

"That's a rug? I thought you were working on a project and it was a painter's cloth?!"

Awesome.

Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide

I went with the light natural instead of a traditional brown and black cowhide because I didn't want any more color and pattern on the floor. It's a gorgeous rug, but I think it might be a little too tone-on-tone with the floral rug.

Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide

Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide

Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide

Not to mention, I have a really hard time getting over the fact that this was an actual cow's skin. I'm not vegan or anti-leather, but this is a little too still grazing grass for me.

Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide 



Hi Sugarplum | Layered Cowhide

So what do you think? Do you like the look of layered rugs...these layered rugs in particular? Or am I just doing what Mr. Sugarplum so eloquently said, 'Nice try, but you can't polish a turd." Do you think we should hang on to things if they aren't our style or make us happy, just because they were free? Or even if they belonged to people we loved?

Pssst...see all the Living Room projects here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top