Happy Monday, all. I hope you had a grand weekend. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pin Mr. Sugarplum down to play musical rugs, but I've got my fingers crossed the floral rug will shine in the Dining Room. Don't think I wouldn't have tried it out by myself, but moving sofas and dining tables is kind of a two-man job. I was able to get cracking on Phase 1 of my craft closet, so hopefully I can share more on that soon.

Today I'm talking salt and sugar and crunchy and greasy... aka, football food! What is it about sporting events that gives us a free pass to eat junk? And the Super Bowl is like the State Fair of sporting events...the junkier the better. We had a heart-breaking loss last week when the Niners went down to the classless Seahawks, but we'll still be whooping it up for the big game this weekend. I rounded up some yummy recipes for us, and created a fun, easy table to celebrate.

Hi Sugarplum | Game Day Table

Obviously I don't have an arsenal of football decor, so I used what we had to set a festive scene. A simple roll of kraft paper and some number stencils made a fun table runner, and paper bags and plastic baskets are perfect for serving chips.

Hi Sugarplum | Game Day Table

Hi Sugarplum | Game Day Table


Baked Honey Sriracha Wings - An amazing combination of sweetness and spiciness in every bite, and they're baked to crisp perfection!


I make this dip for every party!


dip


Hi Sugarplum | Game Day Table





Hi Sugarplum | Game Day Table

Chocolate Frito Bars from Hi Sugarplum


Hi Sugarplum | Sea Salt Chocolate Caramels


Hi Sugarplum | Game Day Table

If you see Mr. Sugarplum, don't mention the Niners unless you like seeing grown men cry. (He grew up in the Bay Area.) Will you be watching the Super Bowl this weekend? Are you cheering for the Broncos, Seahawks, or the commercials? What glutenous snacks will you be serving up?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top