Ciao, friends! I'm elbow-deep in pizza today, but am so excited to share my new series with you. Like you, I'm a huge fan of blogs, and bloggers. Many of them, I'm convinced we'd be total BFFs, if only we knew each other 'in real-life.' Bloggers share glimpses of their lives with us, but I wanted to know the real stuff about them. You know, the stuff your best friend from Kindergarten knows. So I asked! Thus, the {20 Questions} Series was born.

So how about we kick off this new series with one of the big dogs!? The Queen of the blogging and design world?! Jamie Meares needs no introduction. I've read her blog, I Suwannee, from cover-to-cover...and she's one of the few designers I'd let do anything and everything she wanted to my house. She's also super cool and funny. Oh yes, we'd be 'real-life' friends.

20 Questions- Jamie

What is your road trip essential snack?
BBQ Fritos and Wasabi Trail Mix from Trader Joes

You've been handed two free round-trip tickets...who are you taking and where are you going?
My friend Nick Olsen. Let's try Rio. We are both pleasure-seekers and prefer warmer climates. Only an hour ahead time zone so no jet lag (which I hate).

photo(177)
Nick + Jamie = Design Dream Team!

What was your high school jam?
This is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
Remix to Ignition - r Kelly
Big Pun - still not a player

Would you rather have a perfect bum, or a flawless face?
Flawless face

What shows are you ashamed to admit are on your DVR?
I don't have many on DVR but Real Housewives of Atlanta is a guilty pleasure, CBS Sunday Morning bc I'm never awake to watch it in real time, and lots of people try to shame me for loving New Girl, I do. Unashamedly.
via

What's your ringtone?
Normal - avril lavigne - what the hell
Alarm- katy perry - wide awake
Special peeps- B.O.B - I've got the magic in me

How old were you when you had your first kiss? Was it meh or toe-curling?
Last day of sixth grade, I was 12. It was a quickie against the lockers. He was older and it was slimy.

via


Do you have any siblings, and if so, where are you in the birth order?
Just me. Hence I have an ego big enough to blog full time.

What physical quirk were you born with?
Really pale skin

What was your first car, and did you name it?
A white jeep with tinted windows and a sub-woofer in the back.  If it had a name it would be something ghetto.

What would you request for your last supper?
Strawberry cake. Eggs Benedict. Macaroni and cheese. French onion dip. An old fashioned. (Maybe not all together).

Have you ever been hospitalized, and if so, what for?
Last time was a kidney stone. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Other than that a few knee surgeries after a snowboarding wipeout.

How tall are you? Do you wish you were taller, shorter...or are you just right?
5'5". I'd take a few more inches. 

Do you prefer to DIY or hire it out?
These days I hire it out. But I still enjoy a good DIY if I have the patience and commitment.

photo(35)
jamie's grafitti art DIY

What do you eat for breakfast?
Yogurt, granola and fruit a couple of days, a breakfast burrito at least once a week, an egg mcmuffin no bacon once a week and Sundays are brunch out with Brian meares and friend.

What would you do for a living if you didn't need money?
Teach college English.  I'd like to sit in a room and talk about books I know just a little bit more about than everyone else in the room. 

Finish this sentence: Every room needs....
Layers

Jamie's Living Room *swoon*

How frequently do you wash your hair? Do you have any hair secrets or tricks?
I shampoo every third of fourth day.  Condition every day.  I don't dry it all the way but wrap the ends around two fingers while drying to give it a little wave.

Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yup.  I don't wear too much. In fact I just recently learned how to do it right.

You just unloaded your Halloween haul...what candy do you go for first?
I'm not a big candy person, but I'll enjoy a Reese's peanut butter cup or two.

What totally inane talent do you possess?
I can read really fast. I remember song lyrics.
I also know all members of wu-tang clan, and I can give you a rundown of the English monarchy from the 14th through 19th centuries. 

via

***

Are you and Jamie meant to be BFF, too? Can you name every member of the Wu-Tang Clan? Hop over to I Suwannee and introduce yourself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top