Hi friends, and Happy Friday! We've got a crazy weekend full of sports, birthday parties and an egg hunt, but hopefully I can squeeze in a little project time. And Mexican food the laundry.

1) I'm not sure when I'll be able to show you the full reveal of the Home Depot Patio Challenge, but my deadline to complete it is next Friday...so I'd better get busy! Here's a little sneaky peeky of the space with the fab set they sent me! Thanks to my son, we got it assembled pretty quickly. You've seen the rug and dry-erase serving tray, but I've got one more project planned before putting it all together.

patio sneak peek


2) I had a great idea for an Easter tablescape centerpiece, involving a bowl of thick, green grass. But 10 days after planting the 'guaranteed to grow anywhere fast' grass, this is what we're looking at. It's a good thing my sister-in-law just decided to host Easter brunch this year.

potential easter centerpiece


3) And speaking of Easter, I intended to make MerMag's adorable Easter Bunny Pouch as a treat for my kid's teachers. But Babygirl's birthday happens to fall on Easter Sunday this year, so we've been busy with party planning instead. But can you stand this bunny cuteness? Maybe I'll find a way to whip out one or two.

MerMagBunnyCandyPouch4


4) The cute and sassy Caycee posted this stripey goodness on her InstaGram last week, and I knew it had to be mine. Thank goodness for smartphones, because I ordered it from somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I can never resist stripes, so this skirt and dress are on the way, too. And I've got my eye on this one from Old Navy (use ONSAVE25 for 25% off your total order thru Sunday!).


I pretty much want everything in this Destination: Vacation round up from Forever 21! Someone cut me off!

image


5) Did you see the Living Room Emily Henderson just designed, and revealed on her blog? I, of course, loved every detail of the colorful and quirky room...but then felt elated when I realized I have similar elements in my Living Room (still unfinished, fyi).

teal sofa, yellow lamp, bri emery's house

I'm not a designer and have zero training...I just put things together that I like and make me happy, and hope for the best. It's reassuring to see a legit designer, who's work I adore, use similar elements and pairings. Seeing this fabulous room, with the blue sofa and striped throw, brass cuffs on table legs, gold tables, oversized Fiddle Leaf, and funky upholstery, lets me know I'm on the right track. I suppose you could call it validation. But really, it's just confidence to keep going and create what I love.

designlovefest living room

Oh, and the random winner of the Monogrammed Clutch was announced here. I hope it was you! What's on your Friday Five today? Are you busy not growing grass and not making Easter treats? Happy weekend, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top