Just when you thought I had no more pink and red left in me, I'm busting out one final Valentine themed post. Dinners at our house are a casual affair, with no real food table settings. The kids are fairly indifferent to holiday decor throughout the house, but they do love a fancy table...so I set one just for them! And to make it even more interesting, I challenged myself to create it by shopping only my house and the Dollar Store!

Hi Sugarplum | Valentine Table

All the items by themselves aren't particularly interesting (except the gold flatware, that's fancy all by itself!), but piled up together are really cute. The felt placemats, napkins, glass plates and doilies are all Dollar Store. The polka dot 'tablecloth' is a scrap of fabric from my stash.

Hi Sugarplum | Valentine Table

My penmanship is serial killer questionable, so I printed the kid's names from the computer, and traced them on the doily. They are layered under the glass plates as placecards.


Hi Sugarplum | Valentine Table

The flatware is arranged as a nod to 'XO.' Are X's hugs or kisses? (Update: Heather just told us Xs are kisses...for when lips touch...and Os are hugs...arms wrapping around each other! Thanks girlie!!)

Hi Sugarplum | Valentine Table

For fun table confetti, I punched hearts from paint swatches and scrapbook paper.

Hi Sugarplum | Valentine Table

My tiered-platter is placed in the middle for height, and decorated with cupcakes (toothpicks from Dollar Store), and the Burlap Treat Bags. The pink glasses are World Market, and the red stripey straws leftover from this party.


Hi Sugarplum | Valentine Table

Hi Sugarplum | Valentine Table

Hi Sugarplum | Valentine  Table

Too bad we ate all the Cupcakes in a Jar. Guess we'll have to make do with these. Life has such hardships.

Hi Sugarplum | Valentine  Table

There was more than enough sugar, but I couldn't resist making little favors...using plastic cups, heart picks, and crinkle paper from Dollar Store. The little flags are made with washi tape.

Hi Sugarplum | Valentine Table 

My precious Valentine is happy! My other little Valentine forbid me to post his picture, since he hadn't yet fixed his hair.

Hi Sugarplum | Valentine Table

How about that sweetheart of a table for under $10?! Having it makes dinners a little bit sweeter, and a lot more special this week. Are you hosing down your table with pinks and reds?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top