Well, after weeks of 70-degree temperatures, and not feeling like Christmas at all, Texas finally got in the game and gave us a good freeze yesterday! We even got a light dusting of snow! That's pretty exciting stuff around here, and makes snuggling up under the tree that much sweeter.

Christmas Tree

After seven years of trying, last year we finally found the perfect spot in our house for the tree. Then we went and bought a sectional and completely changed the layout of the Family Room. So now we're back playing musical furniture, and trying out new places. Our bedroom looks like a yard sale, but we were finally able to make room for the tree in the Living Room.

Christmas Tree

Just like the brightly colored snowflakes we used to make a Glittery Wreath, I found these jewel-toned curly sticks at the Target after-Christmas sale. I put thin white ones all over the tree, but kept the bright ones concentrated around the top for more impact. I love all the whimsy they add.




Christmas Tree


I buy an ornament each year for the kid's picture, and pulling those out is my favorite part. It's impossible to not get nostalgic, and a little heart-sick at how quickly they are growing up. *gulp*

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

All our DIY Ornaments I showed you yesterday really helped give the tree the bright, jewel-toned look we were going for. And it's fun knowing we created them together.

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

I'm still crazy about last year's Marbleized Ornaments.

Christmas Tree

We added this little funny to our collection this year....kind of a nod to Mr. Sugarplum's profession.

Christmas Tree

I miss not having the tree in the Family Room with us at night, but the Living Room is one festive place...and will make for a fun Christmas morning.

Christmas Tree

My favorite part of this year's tree has to be the skirt!

Christmas Tree

A cheapie DIY I'll show you tomorrow! I can't give away all the goods at one time!!

Christmas Tree

But no matter how it's decorated, every tree is beautiful and magical at night. Pass the cocoa, please!

Christmas Tree

I'm sharing my tree with Megan today, as the Christmas Cheer Link Party is still in full swing! Do you get choked up when decorating your tree? Are you spending evenings lying on fur rugs under your tree? Wait, don't tell me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top