Many of you know we lived in Nashville for 10 years, before moving back to Texas to be closer to family. It's funny how you can't wait to fly the coop when you're young, but once you start a family of your own, you yearn to be as close to home as possible. We love Texas, but we certainly left a big piece of our hearts in Tennessee.

Fortunately, we're able to visit our best Nashville friend (I say 'our' because she's as much Mr. SP's friend as mine), every year. This Summer we hosted them for a fun week at our house...and I wanted to surprise her sweet girls with 'Welcome to Texas' goodie bags. Target Dollar Spot is always my first stop for little treats, and they didn't disappoint with these cute color-blocked tote bags. And of course I slapped a monogram on them.

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote

I've painted monograms on bags in the past, but wanted to try something a little unique this go-round.

{What You Need}

Straw-style Tote Bag
Rope
Embroidery Thread or Yarn
Embroidery Needle
Glue Gun

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote

{What You Do}

Start by creating the shape of your letter with the rope, then hot glue in place.

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote

If you want something more exact or ornate, you could glue a thin chipboard or wooden letter.

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote

Then set yourself up in front of the TV, the more ridiculous the show, the better, and 'sew' the letter in place. I love how the sisal rope pokes out giving it a more rustic feel.

Tip: Double your thread in the needle to cover more rope with each pass. Your thumb will thank you.

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote

The girls were thrilled with their custom bags, and toted them around all week. #seewhatIdidthere I'm kind of wishing I'd made one for myself. Maybe when the feeling returns to my thumb.

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote

If I were a better blogger, I'd have cute pics of these darling girls and their bags. But instead, I unplugged the days they were here, and we smothered them with lots of love and attention. Goodbyes are the worst. But we know we'll have next Summer.

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Tote 
my maxi dress found here

Have you worked on any end-of-Summer craft projects? Does the Target Dollar Spot take all your money, too??!!

{More Tote Bag Projects}

{More Monogrammed Projects}


Pssst....Tonight is the last chance to shop my Joss & Main Curator Collection! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top