FRIDAY!!! Hoodie-Hoo! Let's talk fashion and Mother's Day gifts today, shall we?

1) I found this beyond cute dress online a few weeks ago, and had to try it for myself. I'm a sucker for a flirty, fit & flare dress (fitted on top, flared below the waist), and the $50 price tag can't be beat. I've got some blog conferences and parties coming up, and hoped this would be a good option. Since the shipping and returns are free, I ordered both white and black. But now I can't choose which to keep!

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Dresses

Here's an idea of how I'd style it....

White + Color


2) And now the same dress in black....

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Dresses

The pose on the right is awkward...have you ever tried to take a selfie of your back in the mirror?! There are so many ways to style a little black dress, but of course I love to throw in some color. What say you...white, black, neither? Or both?! Ha!

little black dress



3) I created a moodboard around this floral number a few weeks ago (another $50 gem), so I added it to my shipment (free shipping and returns...holla!). I can't decide if I'm horrified or if I love it. It's a tad on the too-short side, but I'm crazy for the print. Never mind the shoes I'm wearing in the pics, and let's pretend I brushed my hair. Yay or hay-ell no?

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Dresses

And here it is all styled up....

Floral Fun



4) Clearly I love a good dress, but sometimes an extra layer is needed...for warmth and style. I scooped up this adorable cotton twill bomber jacket for only $23! Available in black, white and faded green. Cardigans are great for layering over dresses and skirts, but I like the bit of edge this jacket adds to an otherwise prissy outfit.

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Dresses



5) Further proof this year is flying by....Mother's Day is weeks away! I'll pause while you panic and check your calendar. Yep, just around the corner. I usually get so busy scheming up what I want, that I almost forget my own sweet mom! She's so easy and fun to shop for, but at the same time, I love to find her special and unique items that you can't find just anywhere.

Uncommon Goods has become my go-to for creative and unique gifts...I can always find the best gift ideas for moms, dads and kids. They carry thousands of cool gifts, from fun jewelry and accessories to creative home decor and kitchen items. I love that they find and feature artists and handmade items, and a portion of every order goes to your charity of choice. My mom hates when I spend money on her, but I know she'll love knowing her gift also did some good in the world. Here's a few fun ideas for the special moms in your life...

Hi Sugarplum | Uncommon Goods Mother's Day Gifts


Neat stuff, right? Have you started thinking about Mother's Day? Help this mutha mother out and give me your feedback on the dresses! White, black, floral....what say you? Happy weekend, and Easter, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top