Happy Tuesday, friends! Thanks for your sweet comments on my daughter's Polka Dot Art Party...it's crazy to think half of her birthdays have been documented on this wee blog. With the kids getting older, it seems our weekends are even busier, so I've had to simplify life in a lot of areas. I admitted to not doing it all in this post, but after this big birthday, I've found it easier to do even less.

Normally, I'd have our Easter table set and ready to show you, but with Easter only days away, I don't know if we'll even have a table this year! And that's okay...because celebrating the day together is what counts. That could be at a fancy brunch, or a McDonald's picnic...both sound pretty heavenly to me. Or who knows, maybe I'll find myself with some free time and I'll whip up something at home....in which case, I've rounded up some fresh inspiration.

Moss-Egg Centerpiece
via
william-sonoma-1tablescape
via

Tiered Easter Egg Centerpiece
via


Blue-and-Pink Easter Table Setting
via

Cheery Easter Place Setting
via

My favorite part of setting a table is personalizing it with placecards.
Paper Strip Nest Place Setting
via

Flower Centerpiece with Asparagus
via

Grass-and-Egg Easter Table Setting
via

I used mini-takeout boxes from the Dollar Store for placecards on this Easter table.

table close
via

You don't have to spend a bunch of time and money to create a gorgeous table...here are some simple projects to set the stage. Hot-glue inexpensive grocery store blooms to branches from your yard for a statement centerpiece.

Easter Branch Bouquet
via

Place a small vase inside a larger glass vase, and line the gap with carrots or lettuce for a unique spin on your floral centerpiece.

Flowers-&-Vegetables Display
via


I did a similar look for this table, but lined the vase with marshmallow Peeps. The DIY Magnolia Chargers are still one of my table favorites.

Picnik collage
via

These yarn-wrapped eggs would be a fun craft for the kids, and make adorable placecards.

Egg-Bunny Craft
via

The kids and I have Friday off, and I'm planning on some fun egg crafts. I love the conversations that pop up when we're all at the table working on projects together.

via


via


The rainbow layer cake from Babygirl's birthday a few years ago was such a hit at our house, I love the idea of adapting it for holidays...like this pink ombre version.

Pink Lemonade Cake
via
I've made this adorable bunny cake before, and it never fails to excite the kids.



Make two round cakes, and cut one as shown below to create the ears and bowtie. I just arrange and decorate the whole thing on a big cookie sheet.


What are your plans for the holiday this weekend? What traditions do you have? Who's craving cake now?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top