Saturday's Garden Party was so much fun, and I was beyond honored to be the host (and to have my face on a sign)!

Untitled

The Home Depot is hosting these free #SpringMadeSimple events all over the country this month and next, where you can come eat, meet with a local blogger, and learn about gardening from an expert.

Untitled

I was in charge of the pot-painting table at Dallas's Garden Party, and it was a blast to get to chat with local readers and do a little crafting. We used Sharpie paint pens to decorate little terracotta pots before planting them with herbs.

Our gardening expert, Mary Katherine Greene (she was born to be a gardeniere with that name!), talked to us about how to keep herbs happy, and she shared how to make these really cool raised beds planted with salsa ingredients!! Yum...I think I need to add this to my backyard STAT!

Untitled

Untitled

Southern Living and Fiskars were also on hand to demonstrate their great products available at Home Depot.

Untitled

The Southern Living gals whipped up this bar cart with some basic shelves and spraypaint...obviously we were destined to be friends! They were sweet enough to send it home with me, so expect to see it pop up in future posts.

Untitled

They also created a beautiful table setting using a painted drop cloth, and their Ready to Impress flowering pots.

Untitled

The Fiskars clippers cut through the wood dowel like buttah...I'm officially a convert! Pretty much everyone in my family bought a pair after trying them out!

Untitled

The adorable Alta Mantsch of Tasty Eats at Home blog prepared some amazing food...chicken skewers and grilled veggies, along with basil cucumber lemonade...and they were served in the cutest bamboo boats.

Untitled

Mr. Sugarplum and the kids came by toward the end of the event and they jumped right in with coloring and planting.

Untitled


Untitled
Someone raided my jewels!

Untitled

I tried to put the clamp on how many pots Babygirl decorated, but once she discovered the gold pen, there was no stopping her. #likehermama

Untitled

Untitled

Aren't my mom and aunt the cutest?! It was so fun to have them, and my in-laws, stop by for support. They are probably thinking, "She just has a blog, how does that equate to hosting events?!" I was asking myself the same thing, but I'm not going to question it!

Hi Sugarplum | Garden Party

The Home Depot people are top-notch, and they certainly know how to throw a fun party.

Untitled

Untitled

To sign up for the Home Depot's Garden club (which has all sorts of tips, tricks and ideas for gardeners of all skill levels...not to mention coupons!), head on over here. It was a really fun event, so I'd encourage you to attend one if near you! (My girl, Kristin, is hosting the Atlanta event!) Thanks to The Home Depot for inviting me to host, and a BIG thanks to those of you that came out for the party...I have the nicest readers ever!

And in case you're wondering...here's what I'm wearing:
Jeans (40% off!) | Tee | Shoes | Watch | Necklace | Sunglasses

Social_General_Dates_600x600_3_14

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top