Happy Friday, friends, and welcome to the last day of this round of my random 20 Questions. I just love this series, and getting to know the people behind my favorite blogs, and hope you do, too. Today is not only one of my favorite bloggers, but one of my favorite real-life friends! Courtney and I met through our blogs, and now have a friendship I treasure. Ain't blogging grand?! It's also pretty sweet to have a designer-friend on speed dial...so Courtney gets a lot of 'What do you think about this?!' texts from me. She's the queen of organizing, and party-planning, and her gorgeous home has been featured everywhere.

 photo headshotblog_zps894756a2.jpg

What is your road trip essential snack?
I have to have a Twix bar to beat the sugar low!
 
You've been handed two free round-trip tickets...who are you taking and where are you going?
Eeek. So fun! Just the thought of this makes me excited. So excited I can't even decide. Definitely taking the hubs and I think we would hit up Ireland. We both have Irish heritage {even our kids have Irish names} and we are dying to go. I went in college but it would be so fun to go together. Oh, crud. . . then there is Turks & Caicos. That would be crazy cool, too.

What was your high school jam?
Easy. Bust a Move . . . still know every word. "Come sit next to me you fine fellow. You run over there without a second to lose. What comes next just . . . " I sort of love to rap. Don't tell anyone.

Would you rather have a perfect bum, or a flawless face?
Hello . . . face. Done. If I were walking around looking with a face like Kate Hudson it wouldn't matter what the rest of me was wearing or looked like. 



Kate Hudson's got nothing on this girl!
 
What shows are you ashamed to admit are on your DVR?
Hmmm. Nothing too crazy. . . but I still record The Bachelor which is ridiculously embarrassing. Don't even get me started on Juan Pablo. {Eeetz okay}.
 
What's your ringtone?
Some lame thing the phone came with. Haven't changed it yet. No one calls me.
 
How old were you when you had your first kiss? Was it meh or toe-curling?
Fifth grade. . . it was horrible. But his name was Ryan and I married a Ryan so it all works out in the end.  


 

Do you have any siblings, and if so, where are you in the birth order?
My sister is the oldest . . . and my brother was in the middle. . . so I am the one pulling up the rear.

What physical quirk were you born with?
I have a hole in my ear. Yes. . . I know you do, too. But not that hole. I have this weird hole at the top of my ear and it looks exactly like it was pierced. Odd, for sure.

What was your first car, and did you name it?
Oh, I loved that car. All three of us drove Bugski. It was a red Volkswagon bug. My parents replaced it once I started driving {the perks of being the youngest and spoiled baby}.

What would you request for your last supper?
What wouldn't I request. Shrimp and avocado tacos with a splash of lime and cilantro. Probably my mom's world famous flank steak and rosemary potatoes. Then I would go for some chocolate covered strawberries. Red wine and a crisp glass of ice water or also required!

Have you ever been hospitalized, and if so, what for?
Sadly, yes. I went into labor with my first born at 24 weeks. Water broke and all. . . very long story but she is our miracle baby. Spent the next 13 weeks on bedrest. 



cupake
Courtney's adorable kids...their rooms are ah-mazing...see them here and here.
 
How tall are you? Do you wish you were taller, shorter...or are you just right?
I am 5' 7" and have always loved my height. Most boys were still taller than me and I always felt comfortable with that height. Although a couple more inches would have furthered my volleyball career. 

Hi Sugarplum | New York City
Me, Court, Jen & Megan in NYC.

Do you prefer to DIY or hire it out?
Have you met me? DIY. Although when we are talking electrical or major things like a bathroom reno I am all about hiring someone. These days I have to weigh the time commitment. There just isn't as much time anymore.

What do you eat for breakfast?
Wish it were something fantastic. Lately, it's been a green drink or yogurt with granola. Although on my Park City vacation we were treated to an omelet bar every morning. A girl could get used to ordering up an egg white omelet with the works each morning. I do have a hubby who brings we coffee in bed each morning so I can't complain.

What would you do for a living if you didn't need money?
TV anchor for sure. Like a Lara Spencer on GMA or maybe even an HGTV personality. A girl can dream, right. (Editorial note: Courtney is well on her way...she rocked an episode of SheKnows Home Stretch!)

Finish this sentence: Every room needs....
something meaningful and passed down from the generations. I love special touches. They tell the story of our lives. That is priceless and always in style.


CASEYgrace5

How frequently do you wash your hair? Do you have any hair secrets or tricks?
Every other day over here. No tips at all. Although I am a huge fan of velcro rollers. I put them in my hair after it's dry and walk around with them for about 20 minutes. It ads instant lift without using a hot iron all of the time.

Will you leave the house without makeup?
Absolutely. Although I really like mascara and lip gloss . . .so those are usually always a go-to for me.

You just unloaded your Halloween haul...what candy do you go for first?
Twix for sure. . . or a peanut butter cup. But not really a candy girl so one or two is all I need.
 
What totally inane talent do you possess?
Ummmmm. Ummmmm. Ummmmm. How sad I can't think of one! What the what? I have a crazy sixth sense. If someone pops into my head I end up seeing them that day or the next. Even if it's been years. Kind of weird, I know. 


* * * * *

Ok, I need a picture of this ear hole, stat! Isn't Court just the cutest? And yeah, I'd be happy with 5'7", too! Hop over to A Thoughtful Place and prepare to drool and be inspired! Happy weekend, lovebugs!

Check out the other {20 Questions} Players:

Kristin, The Hunted Interior
Kate, Centsational Girl 

Chassity, Look Linger Love
Kirsten, 6th Street Design School 
Katie, Bower Power

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top