The Master Bedroom isn't a spot that's gotten a lot of face time on zee ole blog. I've shown it on occasion, like when I paraded lamps around the house, or in this reader Q & A post, but in the almost four years (4?!?!?!) of blogging, nary a project or makeover has started in here.

Why is it our personal spaces are always the last to receive love and attention? Well, I declared it in my Home Goals 2014, this is the year that changes! Crane and Canopy has made that easier by jump starting our makeover with fresh new bedding.

Hi Sugarplum | Crane & Canopy Bedroom Update

We'd had this set from West Elm for several years, and I liked it just fine, but it always felt really dark and heavy. Maybe it's the impending Spring, but I was ready for something lighter and brighter.

IMG_0635

But you know I've still got to have color...so we chose the Linden Duvet with Coral Border. The cotton is deliciously soft, while still crisp and cool. Does that even make sense? Basically it feels like fancy hotel bedding. It's crazy what a huge refresher just switching out the duvet and shams makes to the whole room.

Hi Sugarplum | Crane & Canopy Bedroom Update

I don't want to rush the process, so it's currently paired with pillows we already had on hand...black and white from Ikea (similar here), and monogram lumbar from Garnet Hill (huge fan of these and these, too) But I'm imagining a watercolor floral and maybe some leopard in the future.

Hi Sugarplum | Crane & Canopy Bedroom Update

Hi Sugarplum | Crane & Canopy Bedroom Update

To get the Euro Pillows so round and tall, I use a Euro insert, plus a standard bed pillow as fillers. Instead of tossing old, flat bed pillows, save them to make your decorative pillows fatter. And thus, phatter.

Hi Sugarplum | Crane & Canopy Bedroom Update

The pictures over the bed now live in the big Family Room gallery wall, and were replaced with this steal of a mirror.

Hi Sugarplum | Crane & Canopy Bedroom Update

It's going to be so fun pairing this with other fabrics and patterns! I do try to keep the room from being overly feminine...since after all, a man lives in it, too. #scandalous

Hi Sugarplum | Crane & Canopy Bedroom Update

Creating an inviting room is even more important because our parents stay in our bedroom when we travel without the kids. During those times, I prepare it like a Guest Room, so they feel welcome and comfortable. My favorite things are to leave fresh flowers and water by the bed, provide extra throws and magazines, and make sure the wifi password and a charger is nearby.

Hi Sugarplum | Bedroom

Hi Sugarplum | Bedroom

Hi Sugarplum | Bedroom

I also keep the guest bath stocked with extra toiletries.

Hi Sugarplum | Organized Bathroom Cabinet

The new bedding has already made such a huge difference, that I can't wait to get started on the rest of the room! Some of my friends are sharing their bedroom refreshers this week, as well as tips for preparing for guests, so be sure to follow the fun series! Have you started refreshing rooms for Spring yet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top