In our Kitchen remodel a few years ago, we were able to convert several of the cabinets to drawers. While I think drawers are a more efficient use of space than cabinets, they are easy victims for accumulating junk. It's just so easy to toss in any random object, then quickly close the drawer and ignore what's happening inside. Hence the term junk drawer!

Hi Sugarplum | Taming the Junk Drawer

One of the many places freed up after creating a Craft Closet, are these Kitchen drawers. Along with junk, they used to hold many of my random craft supplies...but were left mostly empty. Yay for more storage space!

Hi Sugarplum | Taming the Junk Drawer

I connected with my inner-Liberace, and painted the mesh drawer organizers gold, then whipped these two drawers into shape! One drawer is kid-friendly, with everyday stuff they need for homework and projects, and the other holds the more grown-up items.

Hi Sugarplum | Taming the Junk Drawer

Double-decker organizers (I used these) are perfect for using every bit of vertical space in a drawer.
Hi Sugarplum | Taming the Junk Drawer


Taming all the cords, chargers and headphones makes me stupid-happy. These little guys are perfect for the job.

Hi Sugarplum | Taming the Junk  Drawer

I'm sharing all the details and tips in my contributor post at I Heart Organizing today...so hop over and get motivated and inspired! But don't blame me if you wind up dumping the entire contents of your junk drawer on the floor.

Well, I guess you can blame me. But then you have to thank me afterwards when you're lovingly stroking your newly organized junk drawer. Did things just get weird? Happy weekend, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top