Happy Friday, friends! I know things have been a bit quiet around here, but since time seems to fly faster each year, it's been fun to slow down and look back at what we accomplished. In the world of endless To Do Lists, those things are easy to forget.

I struggled with this post, because every approach seemed so 'Hey! Hey! Look at Me!! Aren't I Fab?!' But I often have to remind myself that this blog is my happy place...my own personal scrapbook and life's chronicle...of not only what we do to our home, but what happens to the people in our home.

That said, the majority of the amazing opportunities that come my way, are because of you guys...and your support of this little blog. I can't thank you enough for popping in every day, week, month, or full-moon...whenever it is, I'm thrilled you stopped by! Even the lurkers...I know you're there!

So this post is a combination of my own personal highlights from 2013, as well as the projects you made popular...along with some geeky by-the-numbers stuff. Basically all the good stuff that made 2013 grand for our family, all in one spot! If we don't share DNA, you might want to skip it!

TRAVELS...

I started blogging as a creative outlet, and had no idea of the friendships that would come from it. Now, some of my very closest friends are bloggers I've met online...many of whom I've never met in person! Last year I was invited to speak at the Haven Conference...which was extremely flattering...but also gave me the opportunity to finally cross the virtual-friend-line with so many.

Untitled

I also flew to New York, courtesy of Lowes Home Improvement, for some great Christmas inspiration, and more blogger-friend time.

Hi Sugarplum | New York City

All the budget DIYing paid off, and Mr. Sugarplum and I saved up for an amazing 10 days in Venice, Burano, and Florence. It was eventful getting there....but so worth it. I just realized I never posted about our favorite leg of the trip, Cinque Terre...so that's coming up soon!

http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws.com/a0603d5ca6b711e2ab5722000a1f9684_7.jpg

We spent Spring Break exploring the Texas Hill Country, and the kids and I made our annual road-trip to Tennessee....time with these special people is always a highlight.

Hi Sugarplum | TN Road Trip

And we spent a glorious week in Galveston, with no friends or electronics. I didn't post about the trip this year, but you can see what makes it so special in this post.


RECOGNITIONS...

Better Homes & Garden featured our Kitchen in their special publication, Kitchen & Bath Makeovers...I may have shown everyone in the check-out line.

http://distilleryimage1.ak.instagram.com/a113ad2a015b11e3ad5822000aaa094d_7.jpg

The Dallas Morning News tapped me to create 5 Fabulous Washi Projects.

Hi Sugarplum | Washi Tape feature

And Craft 1*2*3 featured our Mummy Lights in their Fall issue, and more fun projects with plastic animals in their Spring issue.

animal bookends


COLLABORATIONS...

Our backyard got a much-needed makeover, courtesy of the Home Depot Patio Challenge.

Hi Sugarplum | Cheery Outdoor Patio

And Pottery Barn helped us get the party started with their Summer Sips Cocktail Challenge.

Hi Sugarplum | Fiesta Party
 
Command Hooks are one of the best things to happen to homeowners, so it was a breeze to create projects for them. For some crazy reason, Haagen-Daz selected us as brand ambassadors, and we got to spend 3 months making amazing memories, not to mention eating the best ice cream. Ever.

 Hi Sugarplum | Summer Party / Ice Cream Bar

And when Martha Stewart calls, you say 'Yes ma'am, whatever you want, ma'am!'


MOST COMMENTS...

I'm fortunate to have a full-time job, so this blog can remain my pure joy and hobby. I write for myself, but I love the interaction with you, and comments are the best way (make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!) Every time I hit 'publish' on a post I wonder what you'll think, and am always surprised by your response. I can't believe how much you had to say about these posts...

Hi Sugarplum | Pink Walls & Red Ceiling Dining Room

 Hi Sugarplum | How to Style Coffee Tables

Hi Sugarplum | Meet Maggie

Hi Sugarplum | Angled Bob Haircut


MOST VIEWED...

Some posts take on a life of their own, and I really have no idea why one project resonates more than another...but these posts received 25 times more views than my average posts.

Hi Sugarplum | Colorful Christmas Mantels

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

Hi Sugarplum | Organized Bathroom  Cabinets

And then there was that time Young House Love linked their readers over here for Sherry's {20 Questions} post...I think my blog almost broke that day.


MOST POPULAR OUTFIT INSPIRATIONS....

As horribly awkward and uncomfortable as it is for me to take outfit pics (with my son as the photographer, no less!), they still remain one of my favorite posts to create. These seemed to be your favorites...

Hi Sugarplum | {Outfit Inspiration} Navy & Kelly Green

Camo & Stripes Fall Outfit


MOST POPULAR RECIPE...

I'm not so much a cooker, as I am a preparer. So the recipes I post here aren't earth-shattering...but they are easy, and yummy. Which is all I'm looking for! I had a ball putting together my daughter's Rainbow Art Party, and you guys really liked her cake.

 Hi Sugarplum | Rainbow Swirl Cake


NUMBERS...

It's fun for me to see who you are, and where you're coming from. According to Google Analytics, most Hi Sugarplum readers:

Are American (but shout-out to the Australians who are next!)
Read an average of 3 pages per visit
Stay here for around 3 minutes per visit (why are you running off so fast?!)
Are split pretty evenly between using a desktop PC and an Apple tablet/phone to read. Surprisingly, some are actually still reading on a BlackBerry!

More than half of you are referred here from other sites...so thank you to these amazing bloggers who so generously share my projects and include me in their blogrolls. Without them and Pinterest, I'd likely be writing to just my mom and aunt each day.



I know this post was a lot of toot-tooting my own horn, but I'm just so grateful for all the friends, opportunities, and most of all, you!!! Your friendship, support and kind words make me excited to share each project. Starting this blog was the best whim I've ever acted on, and I can't wait to see what's next. I've got so many ideas and projects to share with you in 2014...until then, happy weekend, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top