Hey, hey, hey!! We made it to the end of another week, and a whole glorious weekend lies ahead, so let's get to it with The Friday Five!

1) It's no secret I have a girl-crush on Lauren from Aspiring Kennedy. I am so jealous of her ex-pat life, and love reading about her travels and adventures. And thanks to her Apartment Therapy House Tour this week, now I can picture her life in the adorable Notting Hill flat she shares with her cute hubby. I mean really, a flat in Notting Hill? Could life be any sweeter?!

knight021413-1.jpg

2) I've touched on this topic before, with my Letter from the Editor, but if you blog long enough, eventually financial opportunities will come your way. It's a delicate line to walk between creativity and entrepreneurship. (Wow, that may well be the biggest word ever used on Hi Sugarplum!, and thank goodness spell-check knew what I was trying to say!) But as many of you comment on, it does take a lot of work, time, and money to crank out five posts a week, chock-full of projects and ideas. Erin really explained it well in her Business of Blogging post. I love every aspect of blogging, and you can trust that my voice and opinions are, and will remain, 100% my own.

blogging...



3) My aunt recently discovered Askanam on Etsy, an adorable custom cookie shop. Or should I say shoppe? Her natural and organic cookies are pure art...makes me want to throw a party just so I can use those mustaches!

cookies

She has a blog, too, where she shares amazing ideas like this Fourth of July cake. Kind of puts my Rainbow Cake to shame!



4) This image from C. Wonder (the affordable brainchild of Tory Burch's ex-hubby), has me excited for Spring! I need one of each, please, Fairy Godmother!


C. Wonder Shades of Spring


5) And finally, speaking of Spring....Home Depot asked me to participate in their Blogger Style Challenge: Patio Edition....and if you could see my patio right now, you'd know what a real challenge this will be! Hopefully we get some Spring temperatures this weekend so Mr. Sugarplum we can begin the clean-up. Here's a peek from last year's challenge....just so you know the uphill battle we're facing!

Colorful pillows on the Clifton 6-Piece Chat Set

Wow, a lot of ramblings today. What's rattling around in your head? Is your backyard a dead tumbleweed, too? What are your thoughts about bloggers making money? Happy weekend, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top