Even though I have no more storage space in my attic, I can still never resist a good after-Christmas sale. Such was the case last year when I found myself at Target...scooping up decorations in deep tones of green, purple and blue. So paired with decor from last year's Pink Christmas, this year we're enjoying the bright and festive jewel tones!

IMG_9042

In trying to keep things simple this year, I focused mainly on the tree and mantel...with a few vignettes thrown in here and there. I love how vibrant the mantel turned out....a fun mix of traditional and contemporary.

IMG_9045

I layered fresh Magnolia from our backyard tree with the faux greenery for a fuller look. It's already started to dry, but will stay green for the month (discovered after making this Magnolia Wreath). Strings of bright beads and sequins, and jeweled ornaments add more color to the mix.

 IMG_9047


 IMG_9056

Our regular stockings have been collected over time, as our family grew, so they don't coordinate well with each other. So this year I picked up these fun jingle bell stockings from Target.

IMG_9050

Having them embroidered would cost more than the actual stockings, so I tied mirror letters from Michaels to each one instead. Babygirl is worried Santa will be confused by the two J's, so it's a good thing no one else has her initial.

IMG_9049

I updated last year's DIY Sequin Trees with some bright palettes to go with the new theme.

IMG_9053

A set of hurricanes are filled with miniature ornaments from the Target Dollar Spot. I used a glass bowl as a riser underneath one to give it more height. #sneakyblogger

IMG_9060

IMG_9059

So fresh and cheerful...I think this color combo will make a repeat next year! Unless of course I'm carried away by another after-Christmas sale.

IMG_9061

Obviously I'm a fan of the colors, since the decorations fit seamlessly with the rest of our home's decor.

IMG_9066

What colors are you decorating with this year? You can check out our Pink, Winter, Glittered and Traditional Mantels from year's past for more ideas.

I'm off to share my mantel with Michelle at Ten June today....she's hosting the next round of Christmas Cheer link parties! Come share yours and see all the beautiful mantels shared by others.

Holiday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top