Setting a festive table is the easiest way to make your guests feel welcome and special....and definitely my favorite part of having people over! I still don't have a clue what I'll be cooking for Thanksgiving, but my table is set and ready to go! I guess we can just sit and admire my table each other.

Natural & glam fall table

Since "conquering" my sewing machine (no, the drapes aren't finished yet), I've been spending more time at the fabric store. I stumbled across this burlap with gold polka dots at JoAnns Fabric, and the rest of the table practically set itself.

Natural & Glam Fall table

Sweet Megan surprised me with four place settings of West Elm's gold flatware for my birthday (I know, crazy nice, right?!?), so of course it had to make the scene. It's gorgeous, and I love the clean, sleek lines. And it's dishwasher-safe...bonus!

Natural & glam fall table

There will be six of us for dinner, so I just split the five-piece sets up to accommodate us all. I rarely have enough dishes, flatware and glasses for everyone to have a matching set, so I just mix it up. I think it makes for a more interesting table.

Natural & Glam Fall table

I ironed the cloth napkins for a crisp look, then folded them accordion-style.

Natural & Glam Fall table

I wrote our monograms on cardstock using a gold leaf pen, then glued them to mini-pinecones for place cards.

Natural & Glam Fall table

The flowers are from my birthday, as well, and I just cut them down and used Ikea white pots as vases. I also added a few sticks sprayed with gold. Super easy and inexpensive to recreate with basic grocery store flowers.

Natural & Glam Fall table


Natural & Glam Fall table

The centerpiece is a vintage bowl filled with pinecones and grapevine pumpkins.

Natural & Glam Fall table

I love the texture of the natural elements, mixed with the glam gold accents.

Natural & Glam Fall table



Natural & Glam Fall table

For the runner, I stitched two yards of burlap together end-to-end, then sewed along each edge to keep it from fraying too much. I just love saying that....I sewed. One more time, I sewed this runner. Granted there was no cutting, pinning or folding involved...but there was stitching, so it totally counts!

Natural & Glam Fall table

I caught this little turkey rearranging the placecards....hopefully it's because she wants to sit by me!

Natural & Glam Fall table

I count your support and friendship among my many blessings....I am so thankful for all of you! I hope you have a warm and wonderful holiday...I'll be back later in the week with a colorful organization project!

{Table Source List}

Gold Chargers - Michaels (similar)
White Dishes - Crate & Barrel (similar)
Chevron Plates - Mikasa from Horchow Outlet (similar)
Gold Flatware - West Elm (and currently on sale with free shipping!)
Gold Napkin Ring - West Elm (similar)
White Linen Napkins - From this trip (similar)
Polka Dot Burlap Runner - Made from this fabric
White Tablecloth - World Market (similar)

***Sharing this post over at Sarah's faboo party!*** 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top