How was your weekend, lovebugs? We celebrated our anniversary all weekend...any excuse to eat dessert with every meal, right?! Friday night we had a family date night, so the kids could be a part of the milestone. I think it's so important for them to know we take our marriage seriously, and creating a good relationship is something we're always working towards. We're not only raising them to be good people, but good spouses...cause lawdy it's not always easy being married!

But enough of all that...remember I showed you guys the amazing new Otomi Duvet and Shams from Urban Outfitters in this Friday Five? I have a thing for otomi...a serious thing. So I instantly started searching for the perfect place to use it in our house, when my daughter saw it and begged me to put it in her room. She has a thing for horses...a serious thing. And to her, otomi looks like horses.

Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding

Her bedding was all that remained of her previous Paris decor, and I had no intention of replacing it any time soon. But I had to agree the colors of the otomi shams were perfect for her room, so I caved and ordered it. Problem is, decisiveness isn't our strong-suit, and we couldn't settle on which color duvet we liked best...pink or gray. So I thought I'd open it up to your opinion....her room is a little messy, and the duvet is just folded on her bed...but you'll get the idea.

Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding
 
Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding

Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding
 
Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding

Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding

Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding

Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding

Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding

The shams look amazing, right? And here's a close-up of the duvet pattern...

Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding

I've never considered otomi a juvenile pattern, but the colors and animal shapes make it a great fit for a kid's room. One more, side by side...

Hi Sugarplum | Otomi Bedding

You guys always come through with great opinions and advice...so what say you?

A. Pink, baby, pink
B. Gray all the way
C. Girl you crazy, that print is whack (in which case, we can't be friends #ikid)
D. I love the duvet, just not in this room. Stick with the shams only.

Pssst....everything in her room is a DIY project, and you can find them all, including the full makeover, in this post. Except the 'Girl on Fire' print, which I made here. And you can shop the Otomi bedding for yourself here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top