Wah-Whoa-Wee-Wah, am I glad it's Friday! My week was super busy, and I capped it off with a mammogram, pap smear, and a brow wax. Awesome. But at least I know it can only get better now, right?! I think I'll be topping it off starting tonight...if you know what I'm sayin'! Your amazing comments on our Bedroom Refresh and my DIY Marble Tray were definite highlights, and so appreciated!

1) The {Outfit Inspirations} I post here tend to be dressier, since it's usually what I wore to work. So I like to post more casual, everyday outfits on my InstaGram and Facebook. This one from yesterday was pretty popular, and several people wanted details...so here's the breakdown. Oh, and 80% of my wardrobe is 5-10 years old, so I can't always link you to exact items.

http://distilleryimage3.ak.instagram.com/317c61ce9fc511e3ad470e6af5350ef3_8.jpg

Shirt | Similar
Striped Top | Similar
Necklace | Old Navy (not shown online, but it's new)
Jeans | Nordstrom
Watch | Fossil
Love Bracelet | Similar
Shoes | Toms Wedges


2) It doesn't feel like it now, but Spring is around the corner. Which also means major gift-giving season...Mother's Day, Father's Day, and endless birthday parties and showers. Uncommon Goods has become my go-to for creative and unique gifts...I can always find the best gift ideas for men, women and kids. They carry thousands of cool gifts, from fun jewelry and accessories to creative home decor and kitchen items. I love that they find and feature artists and handmade items, and a portion of every order goes to your charity of choice. Giving good and doing good. Hey, that's clever...maybe they should hire me for slogan writing!

Hi Sugarplum | Uncommon Goods
No-Clean Aquarium (perfect for a Kitchen Window) | Agate Coasters
Bike Tumblers | Prism Pendant | Owl Eyeglasses Holder (so cute sitting bed-side)



3) It may be too early to say, but I think I might have found the absolute perfect Spring and Summer shoe. This pretty Watercolor Floral Sandal would be perfect with all my dresses and skirts. Can't you just see it with a black and white stripe dress like this one, or a solid like this teal dress. It'd be cuteness overload with this polka dot shift! I've had pretty good luck with Steve Madden shoes in the past, so this pretty little jewel might need to come home with me!

Steve Madden 'Stecy' Sandal


4) I am a sucker for a good Ikea Hack...it just amazes me how basic, inexpensive items can be completely transformed with some creativity. The adorable Ashley Rose of Sugar & Cloth added some simple DIY leather handles to her Ikea dresser for instant chic.




5) My friend Lauren writes the most charming blog, Aspiring Kennedy. She's a Dallas-girl living a traveler's dream in London, with her adorable family. We got to follow along with her sweet journey of getting pregnant, and discovering it was twin girls, and then sadly, we read of their horrible heartbreak in her Bassinet's Half Full post. I was fortunate enough to attend Lauren's baby shower, so my heart clinches for them every time I think of it. Her recent post, One Lost, reflects on the last year, and I was so beyond touched by her resiliency and strong-hold to her faith. I feel inadequate even mentioning it, but her story is so poignant, it needs to be read. For me, it's also a good reminder that no matter how charmed a person's life seems, we're all carrying our own burden.

 

 I'll be hugging my loved ones extra close...happy weekend, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top