I'm not sure how it happened, but Thanksgiving is next week! We're hosting my in-laws, and fortunately, my mother-in-law cooks most everything the turkey, so I get to focus on the table setting. Which is really my favorite part...besides the eating. It's not like we need to be told where to sit, but it's fun to make everyone feel special with their own place card. And bonus points for these cute yarn pumpkins, because they are easily crafted with the kids, too.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

{Supplies}
Small Styrofoam Balls
Yarn, the thicker & nubbier the better
Sticks
Craft Paint
Glue Gun

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

I know the supply list doesn't exactly match the supply image...things sometimes change during the course of a project. In other words, I work out the kinks and give you the shortcut! In this case, I learned the hard way if you don't paint the balls first, you'll have to wrap them with 87 feet of yarn before all the white is covered. TWSS

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

I also learned if you don't hot-glue the end of the yarn in place, your entire ball will unravel. And that, folks, is what she said.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

This project doesn't really call for detailed picture instruction, but how else can I show off my raggedy manicure?!

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

I'd originally planned to make my sticks gold, but decided I liked the natural state.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

To keep the balls from rolling around (do I really need another TWSS, or is it just assumed at this point?), hot glue a coin to the bottom.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

I cut shapes intended to resemble leaves out of craft paper for the name tags.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Pumpkin Place Card

How's that for the cutest little place cards you ever did see? I'm working on the rest of the table setting and will have that for you soon. Oh, and life gave me a break this weekend, so I have this nook stylin' and profilin', and I'll show you tomorrow!

In the meantime, check out my other Thanksgiving tables & crafts here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top