By now I've mentioned and teased last week's trip to New York City until you're sick to death of it, but today I'll actually re-cap the whirlwind adventure. I've said it a million times...this crazy thing called blogging has brought so many amazing people and opportunities to my life, and I know it's all thanks to you guys and your loyal support. My little spot on the internets has grown to be more than just a creative outlet for me, but a life outlet. #deep This blogging community is no longer a side-hobby, but my happy place every day, full of some of my favorite people.

I have no idea how I got invited to such an event (I don't ask questions, just in case it was a mistake)...but when Lowes offered to send me to NYC for their Deck the Halls, my answer was a big, loud, obnoxious 'YES!' And the pot was sweetened when I found out my friends Megan, Courtney and Jen were going, too!

Hi Sugarplum | NewYork City

We only had one full day, and two nights, together, but we packed in as much food, wine, laughs, and sight-seeing as our feet would allow. I'm here to report we kind of conquered the subway, street hot dogs are amazing, Central Park is as gorgeous in the Fall as you'd imagine, and the site of the World Trade Center will still bring tears to your eyes.

Hi Sugarplum | New York City

Hi Sugarplum | New York City

Hi Sugarplum | New York City
Me, Courtney, Jen & Megan. This pic was totally spontaneous, and not at all planned. #sarcasm

Hi Sugarplum | New York City

Hi Sugarplum | New York City

Hi Sugarplum | New York City

Hi Sugarplum | New York City

Hi Sugarplum | New York City

Hi Sugarplum | New York City


Hi Sugarplum | New York City

Then it was time to hit up the event that brought us to the city...Lowes Deck the Halls and Walls and All!


Hi Sugarplum | New York City
Megan, Jen, me, Courtney, Laura, Dusty, Tracie - love these girls!

Meeting fellow bloggers is always so exciting...to finally put a voice to the one you've been reading and admiring for years! These ladies are amazingly talented, and I could have talked to them for hours. (No, Mom, I'm not holding a pack of cigs...it's my phone! P.S., I don't smoke!)

The event was held in a cool loft, that had been completely transformed, and decorated for the holidays, by these fabulous designers...I'm talking rock-star bloggers here:

Front Yard by Gabrielle Blair {Design Mom}
Foyer by Jenny Komenda {Little Green Notebook}
Guest Suite by Jordan Ferney {Oh Happy Day}
Living Room by Erica Domesek {PS I Made This}
Dining Room by Brittni Mehlhoff & Gabriel Cabrera {Curbly}
Kitchen by Brit Morin {Brit.Co}

Hi Sugarplum | New York City
Jenny & me....whom I likely frightened with my constant gushing.

I had no idea Lowes carried so much fabulous holiday decor! I also learned the only way to eat a cheesecake ball cooked in liquid nitrogen, is just to go for it in one bite.

Hi Sugarplum | New York City
Megan, Courtney & the delightful Gabrielle | Me & Erika, who is just as fun & quirky in person as her posts


Hi Sugarplum | New York City
Jen, Courtney, Megan & me trying to play it cool with John Collineri & Anthony Carrino, the Kitchen Cousins!

It was a jam-packed, whirlwind of a trip, but one I'll always treasure. I love these girls, and am so honored to call them friends. Thank you, Lowes, for making it happen!

You can see all my daytime outfits here, and I wore this exact outfit to the event, but with these booties. Be sure to check out Courtney and Megan's recaps today, too. So fun to see the city and party through different eyes. Have you made real-life friends online? What is your favorite thing to see and do in New York? Did you know Lowes had so much amazing holiday decor?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top