How is it already Monday?! Ugh, I can't believe the weekend flew by so fast! Mr. Sugarplum was out-of-town, so the kids and I had a lot of lazy, couch time together. We all share a major sweet-tooth, so we took advantage of a rainy afternoon to bake cookies, too. And since it's Halloween week, we made them as big and gluttonous as possible!

Hi Sugarplum | Monster Cookies

First we rounded up all the candy and extras we had on hand...like mini-peanut butter cups, candy corn, pretzel M&Ms and chocolate chips. And I always bake with real butter...if I'm going to eat a cookie, it's going to be the real deal!

Hi Sugarplum | Monster Cookies

Then we added a cup of each candy to the dough of my favorite cookie recipe, and piled them up extra-big.

Hi Sugarplum | Monster Cookies

Git in mah belly!

Hi Sugarplum | Monster Cookies

I will warn you, the candy corn tastes divine when it's all melty, but it makes a hot-mess of your cookie sheet. You know the topping on a candy apple? Like that! And to keep myself from eating every last one, we bagged some as treats for teachers and friends.

Hi Sugarplum | Monster Cookies

I simply stamped white paper bags with Halloween shapes, and tied them closed with tulle ribbon. Since the cookies are so jumbo, a single one makes a sweet gift.

Hi Sugarplum | Monster Cookies

Hi Sugarplum | Monster Cookies

I think adding Pretzel M&Ms is my new favorite thing...sweet + salty = perfect cookie!

Hi Sugarplum | Monster Cookies

Do you like your cookies simple, or jam-packed with everything in the house? I guess it's officially the holiday season for us now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top