Heeeeeey, it's Friday!! Aren't you so excited for the weekend?! Our son gets home from camp today, only to ship off again on Sunday. I swear, I want to be him when I grow up. So we'll be loving on him the short time he's home...and with Haven next week, I guess it's time to start panicking about what to pack.

My Nordstrom Anniversary Sale loot arrived this week (yay for free shipping and free returns!), and while I won't be taking any of it on my trip (have you been to Atlanta in August?!), I thought I'd give you real-life reviews in case you were considering any of my favorites I posted about here.

First up, do you have any idea how awkward it is to take a picture of your own butt? And how awkward it is to post that butt pic on the internet?! I'm doing this for you, people, so be kind! And yes, my mirror is dirty.

1) First up are the Kut from the Kloth Natalie bootcut jeans. I love the back pockets, they have a touch of stretch for a comfy fit, there's no gap in the back waistband (you booty girls know what I'm talking about), and the length doesn't require hemming if I wear heels. I'm on the fence about the large stitching, but for $60, I might get over it. I'll still wear my skinny jeans this Fall, but I think a slight bootcut is a bit dressier, and more flattering on curvy shapes.

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Anniversary Sale haul


2) Next are 7 For All Mankind Lexie Kimmie bootcut. Lexie is their petite line, which is great for shorter girls because they don't need hemming. Nordstrom offers free alterations, but they'd just cut the bottom off, which changes the line of the jeans and where they are supposed to hit on your leg. By going with this shorter length, the bootcut starts at the right placement on my leg.

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Anniversary Sale haul
I'm wearing my favorite wedges this Summer...found here.

Here's the back...which are kind of tight now, but in my experience with Seven's, they stretch quite a bit. They are also a little higher on the waist, so there's no muffin-top. #halleluiah If you're looking for designer jeans, now is the time to get them because these are $70 off.

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Anniversary Sale haul

3) I showed you the Cotton Cargo Jacket last week, and it's still my favorite score of the sale. The pic above shows the back with the cute ruffle. I can't wait to throw it over skirts, jeans, and dresses once the weather cools a bit. It's found in the Girl's Department, so it's good and fitted for wearing as an accent piece.

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Anniversary Sale haul

4) Next up is the Devlin Pleated Skirt. It comes in black, pink and emerald green....shocker that I ordered it in black, I know! I don't even know how to describe the fabric and feel, but it's quite heavy, and the waistband is super stretchy. I think the poofy shape is fun, but the length is a little short for my age thighs taste. It'd be so cute with black tights...and it has a real couture feel to it.

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Anniversary Sale haul


5) Finally, the Clark's Rosepoint Dew Booties. I ordered the Dark Brown Suede, but these are most definitely charcoal. So I'm not sure if the color is misrepresented online, or if they sent me the wrong pair. They are crazy comfy, and the wedge makes them super easy to walk in. I followed the reviewer's advice and ordered a half-size down, and they fit great. If you're looking for a cheaper, sexier bootie (TWSS), I love the Halogen Katrina...the backs are so cool, too!

Hi Sugarplum | Nordstrom Anniversary Sale haul


I also hit up the Kid's Shoe Department....I always buy school shoes during the sale because they are great quality shoes, but at affordable prices. Babygirl got these funky Chuck Taylors, and these striped Adidias (I really loved these Sperry Top Siders, too), and my son got these LunarGlides. Nikes for $56?!? That's crazy-talk.

What are your faves? Did you grab anything from the sale? Happy weekend, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top