I don't know how and when I started reading Designer Bags & Dirty Diapers, but I remember Natalie grabbed me that very first visit, and hasn't let go since. I just knew she was someone I wanted to know, and desperately wished we lived in the same town. She is effortlessly cool and stylish, an amazing cook, and lives in charming Charleston with her adorable (expanding!) family.

20 questions natalie


What is your road trip essential snack?
This is a tough one but I am usually one for salty treats on a road trip- I love Cheese-its, Pringles (the jalapeno kind is my fav), and Gold fish. Also it is probably considered more of a meal than a snack but I almost always hit up Chick-Fil-A on my road trips. I love me a fried chicken sandwich.

http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/f5ef89ac8f1b11e2b72422000aa821e3_7.jpg
via @snoopnattynat InstaGram

You've been handed two free round-trip tickets...who are you taking and where are you going?
Napa and taking the Hubs because duh, I want to go drink delicious wine all week. I am seriously dying to get out to Napa and do a vineyard tour one day.

What was your high school jam?
Dave Matthews Band Crash Into You, kind of makes me cringe now because it was my high school boyfriend and my song.

Would you rather have a perfect bum, or a flawless face?
Flawless face because you can always exercise and work on your bum but there ain't much help for a busted face.

http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/0139b2ee9df711e2bbd422000a1f9ab2_7.jpg
Natalie's gorgeous face!

What shows are you ashamed to admit are on your DVR?
Wow my list is pretty long: Long Island Princesses, Married to Jonas, Don't Be Tardy, all of the Housewives. Pretty much any reality TV show that you wonder who watches it, I do.

What's your ringtone?
So lame but it is the standard ring my phone came with. I used to have Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back a few years ago when I worked and my boss asked me to take it off (no idea why, Sexy Back is so professional, right?) anyways after that I never changed it. When my husband calls it does play "I love it when you call me Big Poppa."

How old were you when you had your first kiss? Was it meh or toe-curling?
Hmm I think I was probably 12-13, and it was the Summer before 8th grade. Totally meh.

Do you have any siblings, and if so, where are you in the birth order?
Yes a brother and a sister. I am first born, then my sister is two years younger than me and my brother is the baby and 5 years younger than me.

What physical quirk were you born with?
One eye with blond eye lashes and one eye with black eyelashes. I always have to have mascara on!

What was your first car, and did you name it?
I had a bright red Buick Skylark, such a classy little car and it was stick shift, which I am still super proud I knew how to drive. Her name was Sally The Skylark.

What would you request for your last supper?
Probably Mexican food and a whole platter of it. I am talking cheese dip, salsa, guacamole, tacos, enchiladas, nachos- the works!

"A delicious selection of Mexican food."   Learn more about Mexico, its business, culture and food by joining ANZMEX http://www.anzmex.org.au OR like our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ANZMEX

Have you ever been hospitalized, and if so, what for?
Only when I had my son Sterling. Which is a good thing I get serious anxiety around hospitals.

http://distilleryimage3.s3.amazonaws.com/86e18ccee58111e290d522000a1fb852_7.jpg
Natalie's adorable boy, via @snoopnattynat InstaGram

How tall are you? Do you wish you were taller, shorter...or are you just right?
5'9. Growing up I always wished I was shorter because I towered over all the boys and I felt like they always asked the shorter girls out because who wants to date a giant?? Now I would not change a thing, I love my height and being tall.

Do you prefer to DIY or hire it out?
Hire it out for sure. Although many times I attempt to do it myself to save money but if I had unlimited resources I would most def hire everything out!

What do you eat for breakfast?
Usually cereal (this week I am loving the Cheerios Melody Crucnh) or Greek Yogurt with honey, fruit and granola.

What would you do for a living if you didn't need money?
I would really love to be a personal shopper or stylist

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/bfabc6d4de7211e2b4bf22000aa80174_7.jpg
Natalie is a wizard at finding great stuff!

Finish this sentence: Every room needs....
A tv- just kidding but not really. But in all honesty I like a mirror in every room, I feel like it really opens up the space!

How frequently do you wash your hair? Do you have any hair secrets or tricks?
About 2-3 times a week. I try to wash it every other day but if I can stretch longer I do. Wish I had some good tricks but I am clueless when it comes to hair. Two products I do love and swear by are the Suave Moroccan Oil and Oribe Texturizing Spray.

Will you leave the house without makeup?
Nope. I hate going anywhere without make-up on. My husband always makes fun of me and says he can always tell when I am really sick because those are the only days I don't put make-up on. Even right after I had my son Sterling I showered and put on make-up. The nurses made fun of me saying, "Girl this ain't America's Next Top Model." I have make-up issues obviously. Alot of it relates to question number 9 and my serious under eye circles.

You just unloaded your Halloween haul...what candy do you go for first?
Reeses Cups, Then Kit Kats

* * * * *

I'd definitely be sharing that Mexican feast with her! And I'm sure we'd toss back a margarita or three.
I hope you've enjoyed this latest round of {20 Questions} and getting to know your favorite bloggers, and even discovered some new ones! What other bloggers would you like to see in this series?

We're on the road today, heading back to Texas, and I have a glorious new do!!
Can't wait to show you guys, and the projects we've been up to.
Happy weekend, lovebugs!

Kristin, The Hunted Interior
Kate, Centsational Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top