I knew you guys wouldn't disappoint when I asked for your input on what color to paint our Dining Room, and I loved all your responses! But what I didn't expect, was how many of you would choose Option B...red walls and pink ceiling! Either we share an addiction to color, or you know I'm not afraid to make a bold choice. Second place was Option A...pale pink walls and red ceiling. And to be fully transparent...just as many chose Option E...and thought I'd totally lost my marbles. But that's another post entirely.

I, too, love how the Sherwin-Williams Color Visualizer illustrated the room with red walls. Like, really love it. And you know I'm not shy about color (you remember this room, don't you?). If the Dining Room were fully contained, I'd likely go for it. But with such an open floor plan, the room is basically an extension of the Living Room and Entrance Hall, and I fear the red would overpower everything and become the sole focal point. So I went back through my Pinterest board of ideas for our Dining Room...and there was a single repeating factor.

via


via



via
Room after room that made my heart flutter had pale pink walls. Pinterest boards don't lie, people! If you're pinning something over and over, there's a reason. I also read somewhere that the glow of a pink room is most flattering for people. Who doesn't want to look good in their own home?!
via

via

via


via


via
So I decided to listen to Pinterest my heart. But I also can't deny the power this photo has over me.
via


I'd better decide quick, the painter will be here Friday! Follow me on InstaGram (@cassiesugarplum) or Facebook for sneak peeks. Why do I suddenly feel nauseous?! It's just paint!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top