I hope all you moms are feeling relaxed, loved and pampered; and had the best Mother's Day yet! We had a rare weekend with no plans or sporting events, so we had lots of great family time! With all the constant running around, it's a treat to just stay home. That doesn't mean we were idle....no, Sir! I cashed in on Mother's Day, and had the whole family help me tackle more of the garage.

My gosh we have a lot of crap out there! We were still able to park the cars in the garage, but finding things was practically a two-man job. One of my biggest issues was the spraypaint, which was spread out over several shelves and bins, most of which was out-of-reach for me. I had to haul the ladder out everytime I needed a color, and poke around several spots before I found it. Not a good system. So my first task was to round up and organize the spraypaint!

Hi Sugarplum | Organized Spraypaint

We found all kinds of lost treasures in the garage, one being this Ikea shoe organizer. As luck would have it, each pouch holds two full-size cans of spraypaint perfectly! Of course I had to put them in rainbow order. Primer, sealer, specialty paints, and spray adhesive have spots at the bottom.



Hi Sugarplum | Organized Spraypaint

I have several different brands, and all fit two-by-two in the pouches....that's a total of 48 cans this baby will organize...and all within my reach!

Hi Sugarplum | Organized Spraypaint

The colored caps are fully visible, but you can also read the names through the material.

Hi Sugarplum | Organized Spraypaint

It's so nice to see everything in one glance, instead of digging in the back of shelves. And the best part of having dedicated space for something, is it keeps me from over-buying, because I'm able to see what we have, what we need, and what will fit! (The system is working well for me in the Pantry and Bathrooms, too!)

Hi Sugarplum | Organized Spraypaint

I may have stood staring at it for a creepy amount of time. But little things like this make life seem easier, and that makes everyone happy.

Hi Sugarplum | Organized Spraypaint

The rest of the garage is on the way to being organized, too. Now that is my idea of the perfect Mother's Day gift! Well, and the Clarisonic I bought myself from Mr. Sugarplum and the kids. Aren't they so thoughtful?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top