Hey, hey, hey!!! How is everyone today? I hope you had a fab weekend. Mr. SP and I had a date night planned, but ended up glued to the couch completely sucked-in by a Homeland marathon. Wowza...do you watch that show?! We're not done with Season 1, so don't tell me anything!

The Halloween fun continues today....and after the Front Porch, the next best place for holiday decor is the mantel! Keeping with the bat theme, I used items from around the house to create a spooked-up mantelscape.

Halloween Mantel ~ Hi Sugarplum

I didn't want to permanently mark these faux pumpkins, so the letters are formed by wrapping black yarn around straight pins. It's not much different from my serial killer penmanship actually.

Halloween Mantel ~ Hi Sugarplum

The silver candlesticks are left tarnished because I'm too lazy to polish so they look abandoned, and filled with black and gray tapers. I added some books to create height on the ends, and just turned the spines around to keep with the monochromatic look.

Halloween Mantel ~ Hi Sugarplum

We made the garland by cutting bats cut from scrapbook paper and stringing them on thin ribbon. We used the same template as the Front Porch bats, and added googly-eyes because I'm obsessed with them.

Halloween Mantel ~ Hi Sugarplum


Halloween Mantel ~ Hi Sugarplum


Halloween Mantel ~ Hi Sugarplum

A few black crows from the dollar store are sprinkled in, too.

Halloween Mantel ~ Hi Sugarplum


Halloween Mantel ~ Hi  Sugarplum

I think this is my favorite mantelscape to date! It's amazing what you can create with just a few supplies and items around your house! Some simple changes spooked-up the bookcases, too.

Books wrapped in craft and lacy scrapbook paper, skeletons as bookends, and more spiders and googly eyes.

halloween vignettes


halloween vignettes


halloween vignettes


halloween vignettes

Having these fun touches around the house is just adding to the kid's excitement. The one thing I won't do yet, is buy the candy! If the trick-or-treaters hope to score at our house, I have to wait until the 31st to buy it. Have you already bought your candy? Is there any left?!

See more Halloween and Fall Projects here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top