You guys are the best...thank you for sharing in the excitement of our possible House Crashers! It felt great to knock out a bunch of projects over the weekend, but my jazzy manicure paid the price. It's a fun look for Halloween, and fortunately, I took pictures last week!

Glittered Nails

First of all, when did my hands morph into my mom's?! And secondly, have you ever tried to take a picture of your own hand, without it looking like a claw?! I think the camera really does add 10 pounds.

It's hard for me to pay for manicures when it gets wrecked every weekend, so I almost always do it myself....hence the jacked imperfections. But here are the details for my Halloween hands...paint your nails as usual, with a base coat and two coats of color. Let them dry completely, then paint only the nails you want glittered, and cover them with a generous amount of sparkle. Once that's dry, just run your hand under water to rinse off the excess glitter, and finish with a top coat.

Glittered Nails

The top coat makes the glittered nail smooth to the touch. And the funny thing is, my weekend of sanding and painting completely ruined every nail except my glittered ones! Sure you can find glittered polish, but every good DIYer has glitter laying around already! Do you like to play with your manicures? Have your hands recently started looking just like your mothers?!

{Details: First coat, Sally Hanson Thinking of Blue | Second coat, OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyranees | Glitter: Martha Stewart Fine Glitter Hematite}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top