While the big purchases can be nauseating exciting, it's the small things that make my heart race. Little touches, like a new tea towel or basket planter, can make me smile when entering a room. We made a pretty big purchase on our Ikea Field Trip last month, but I also came home with this little $10 glass hurricane. And to be honest, both make me equally happy.

IMG_1477

I love the height it adds to the coffee table, without being visually heavy. And the graphic black and white print ties it in with the black accents in the room.

IMG_1478

No sooner had we filled it with seashells from our beach trips, than it was time to switch it up with cinnamon-scented pine cones and filler. This little hurricane is great plain, but I can never resist jazzing things up.

IMG_2283

Just a touch of Fall...kind of like the weather...only cool enough to tease us!

IMG_2297

What items and small purchases are you smitten with these days? Have you started decorating for Fall yet? And speaking of Fall...I added a Fall Projects page under my header, so take a look around if you're looking for ideas! And since I was doing some blog housekeeping, I added the room makeovers-in-progress to both my sidebar and House Tour page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top