Hey friends, and happy Monday. How was your weekend? If you follow me on Instagram (@CassieSugarplum), then you witnessed the makeover I did yesterday...on my black crack roots! My scalp is still on fire, but it feels good to be back to my natural color. *ahem*

And even though Texas is back in the 90s this week, I continued with some Fall touches around the house. It's what bloggers do.

hi sugarplum fall mantel

I mixed a vase of fresh magnolia stems with some faux leaves and sticks, for a slightly unruly arrangement. I was going for the 'just gathered this on my brisk walk' look...how'd I do?

 hi sugarplum fall mantel

The pumpkin is an old treasure from Target's Dollar Spot (also used in last year's mantel), given a bit more height by a $2 acrylic riser from Container Store. Those things come in really handy for bookcase styling, too, to keep your objects from all being on the same level. And you remember the DIY Brass Horse...love that guy.

hi sugarplum fall mantel

On the other side, we have Liberace's vase collection...a DIY I'll show you tomorrow (update: the tutorial can be found here). I usually think of natural elements for Fall, but thought it'd be fun to have some warm glamour this year.

hi sugarplum fall mantel

Well, except for the DIY Pine Cone Garland...but I like a mix of glam and rustic texture.

 hi sugarplum fall mantel


 hi sugarplum fall mantel


hi sugarplum fall mantel
 

hi sugarplum fall mantel

The mirror was a Home Goods find that got a Liberace makeover, too. (You can read about the barrel chair makeover here.)

hi sugarplum fall mantel

I think the gold is running rampant around here...from the lamps and table, to the animals and wall mirror. Please tell me I'm not the only one!!?? Are you enjoying actual Fall yet? And don't rub it in if you're drinking pumpkin lattes while wearing boots and scarves!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top