Hey there, friends. I hope everyone had a grand weekend, and you were all spoiled rotten with love and hugs...and sugar. We started Mother's Day with donuts, and ended with cupcakes. There was some French toast and a snow cone in there, too...so I'm dragging today for sure! But in between all the gorging, Babygirl and I had some craft time, and I think this little box turned out as sweet as our bloodsugar levels!

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

I love cute storage containers, and this DIY was inspired by the pom pom box from Furbish. You know I love all things Furbish (especially this bag charm and tassel necklace), but I also love to create some things myself. And this one could not be simpler.

{What You Need}

Acrylic Plastic Box (I used this $2 flush-lid one)
Glue Gun

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

{What You Do}

Glue the pom-poms to the lid, duh!

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

Okay, if you want a little more instruction...glue the poms in varying sizes and colors, then use the smaller ones to fill in the gaps so it's really full. This helps give it a bit of dimension.

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

After we were done, Babygirl dreamed up these little pom animals all on her own! I guess an affection for pom-poms and googly-eyes runs in the family. She told me to make sure and 'take a picture of them for your blog.'

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

You know I'm smitten with a project when I stage a full-house photo shoot...but the little box looks cute almost anywhere!

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom  Box 

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

Unfortunately, it's been swiped by my cute helper, and now lives in her room as a jewelry box. The project took less than 10 minutes though, so I can quickly whip out another one.

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

Hi Sugarplum | {DIY} Pom-Pom Box

Have you created any cute new storage lately? Do you see items online or in catalogs and get inspired to re-create for yourself? Furbish is a great source of inspiration for me....remember this gold splatter box I made, too?! Happy Monday, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top