With yesterday being the first day of Spring, I'm thinking about bright Spring and Summer clothes. I got a taste of shorts and sandals last week on our trip, and I'm having a hard time letting them go. I've seen some great new pieces lately, and couldn't help but create outfits around them...so I thought I'd share, along with give you some details of how I packed for our trip.

This top stopped me in my tracks...stripes + floral + bright colors! Plus it's racer-back, which is extremely flattering. The print is also available in a tshirt and shorts. I just ordered the elephant tassel to zhush up my leather tote, and can't wait to see it in person. I hope it jingles when I walk.

Summer!




I'm cuckoo for this infinity scarf, so I created an outfit around it using all items I already own....yep, think that means I need the scarf.

Summer prep

Watch | Sunglasses



I told you a few weeks ago that this is basically my uniform when the weather starts to warm....

Pink Spring



And I wasn't blowing smoke up your piehole. I traveled in almost the exact same outfit that day. And yes, I really do wear this denim jacket all the time. It's the perfect transition piece between seasons.

http://distilleryimage8.ak.instagram.com/e4987830a64911e38fc912c0786b4ab4_8.jpg

Here I am again in a similar formula...tee, colorful shorts, patterned scarf, bright bag. When it cooled off that night, I added...you guessed it...the denim jacket.

http://distilleryimage8.ak.instagram.com/1b5147c2a70711e3a5ca12d8b378e154_8.jpg


If you're not quite ready for shorts....just swap them out for jeans. How cute is that feather necklace?! On sale for $15!

Weekend casual



Putting a bathing suit on in March is painful, but the gorgeous beach made it bearable. I'm crazy for this preppy bikini, and this brand of flip-flops really is the best for the beach or pool.

Summer at the Beach



You're crazy if you think I'm going to post a pic of me in a bathing suit...but I do own that exact hat and love it.

http://distilleryimage8.ak.instagram.com/c8fd7938a7af11e38c580e7be18a9944_8.jpg


I always throw one piece that can be dressed up or down in my bag...just in case. Statement jewels and colorful scarves don't take up any space in your suitcase, so they are great for making basic outfits look more pulled together. For more tips on how I pack for trips, check out this post.

summer brunch




Are you feeling inspired for warmer temps now? Pass the self-tanner, please! Happy weekend, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top