Hello, hello friends! Thank you so much for all the sweet comments on yesterday's Christmas Home Tour! Be sure to check back on the post each day because I'll be linking new bloggers every day this week. You won't want to miss all the good house-snooping!

But today I'm super excited to be partnering with the lovely Michaela of Michaela Noelle Designs for our Christmas Cheer in the Blogosphere party! Last week we shared our Mantels with Carmel and Michelle, and today is your chance to link up all your Holiday Craft projects right here.

Hi Sugarplum | Blogger Christmas Link Party

I'll start by showing you how I made this decorative ball for only a few dollars!

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball

Kristin made a similar one last year, but she used nailheads. I'm too cheap to buy 600 nailheads.

{SUPPLIES}

Styrofoam Ball (use craft store coupons!)
Gold Thumbtacks from the Dollar Store

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball

Some of you will be disappointed, but I'm going to try and make it through this post without cracking ball jokes (unlike this post). I mean, this is the season of Baby Jesus, after all. You can make this with any size ball, if size matters to you. Just push the pins in one row at a time, overlapping them a bit so they look like fish scales.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball
We're not looking at my dry, scaly hands, but the nice rows of scaly pins.

After a few minutes, you'll wish you'd chosen a smaller ball. That's when you recruit helpers and really play up how fun this ball project is for her.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball

If you're a good manipulator actress, she'll buy it and do the rest of the ball for you. And even be happy about it!

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball

We had a few spots where the tacks didn't want to stay, so I added a dab of hot glue to give them something to grab. And if you overlap the tacks enough, the white ball won't show through, so no need to paint it first.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball


Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball

I was so thrilled with how cool it was, I made a smaller version. A baby ball, if you will. Maybe I'll make another one and I'll have a pair of balls. For now, I call this one Lance Armstrong.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball

These aren't necessarily holiday related, so expect to see them in more vignettes throughout the year.

Hi Sugarplum | DIY Decorative Ball

Now's your chance to show off all your holiday crafting! Just click the 'Read More' to link up! Grab this cute little button for your post if you'd like.

Hi Sugarplum | Blogger Christmas Link Party




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top